Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 12, 2024, 06:37:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pri one - how much does he need to know???  (Read 2011 times)
ljpflee

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:07:04 AM »

wondering how much does a pri one child need to know before he can cope with the school work. compo ? compre ?my neighbour P1 child worksheet done during the 2nd week of school already doing comprehension and picture composition. how ?? if my child doesnt know how to read yet if he is starting p1 next yr!!!!!!

Advertisement

pam29

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 10:43:21 AM »

Hi! Wow I think we're in the same boat. My boy also start p1 next yr, and reading level is quite poor... and his kindy very laidback, so no choice, i'd transfered him to a montessori for the individual attention.just started this yr, and already seen some improvements.. its systematic so he's more confident in decoding.but of couse, need to read to him and with him alot at home. if u can't change him to monte, then can buy the materials and teach at home, if u hve the patience and time.... sure will have results if yr consistent. If yr child still having a hard time, maybe can check 4 dyslexia... my friend, boy couldn't read though she tried all ways, was branded "slow" by preschool teacher, but in p1 he was diagnosed as dyslexic, now attends class at dyslexic assn once a week, he's improved greatly.don't worry too much, just guide yr child, read to him often, encourage and praise alot....never compare him to other kids......i'm sure he'll be fine!! Good luck:-))
ljpflee

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 04:08:20 AM »

thanks pam
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:49:59 AM »

my son is starting P1 next year. He'll be in Rivervale Primary School. This school has no composition for P1 & P2. They are encouraged to write e-mails to the teachers and principals, writing postcards and memo also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: