Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 19, 2024, 05:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pat's School House  (Read 6763 times)
pcc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »

My daughter (two half) is at Eton.  She was at another outfit before Eton (also in town). Eton is exceptionally good.  Teachers are largely grads, foreigns (who teachers her Jap, English, Chinese).  Classes are followed along some plans as opposed to others where each days is just like a random assortment and they don;t follow lesson plans.  They have significant events like drama where students put up performances, group fun projects, regular water play (in mini pool), cooking lessons, many other activities planned in.  My daughter absolutely loves school, mixes cross-culturally and suprised me when she spoke Japanese and Chinese.  That was when we realised she had jap lessons.  ONly down side is like any school, viruses do go around.

Advertisement

edde

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »

pcc, which eton is yr gal in ? i hv checked out the outram one, kinda disappointed.. when we toured the campus, i saw littered eating area (dat was ard 3pm), untidy library with books on the floor, lessons conducted in the prenursery class is not wat is reflected on the timetable, "stranded" toddlers in prenursery seemed disengaged in the activity and the teachers dun seem bothered. Sad
pcc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »

Hi - my daughter is in the Outram outlet.  Maybe her class is ok - and I took leave for a few weeks on off to view the classes during her early months.  The eating can be kind of messy which is why they have those plastic mesh for spray cleanup after eating.  I do validate with my daughter what she did in class and it is quite consistent with what is logged.  In fact, today they just had show and tell and some kids go up to share something they brought from home.  My daughter brought her newest book we bought her and was proud of her presentation.  The teacher also does an activity report every other day or so ... class photos are taken to be shared with parents.  BTW, she cried the first three days we brought her there and on some days now she would complain if we don't bring her to school (eg if she has running nose). 

I must say some teachers are better than the rest.  Her main teacher is great.  The Jap teachers and teachers from China are excellent and my daughter speaks about them all the time at home.  But take note that at Eton, the school ends at 3plus and if you must leave your kid there till evening time, they will be largely on their own with less staff and all kids will be in a large room.  Real activity ie lessons are from 9am to 3pm.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:13:13 AM by pcc » Logged
edde

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

thx pcc for yr assurance! i am really very interested in eton and have high expectation of them (maybe coz of all the good reviews i heard previously), dats why i was kinda disappointed aft the visit. yr gal is in prenursery or nursery class?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: