Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 06:48:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mee Toh Sch Vs Edgefild Pri?  (Read 23641 times)
fashion

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 09:37:14 PM »

if your concern more on the religious view, should opt for those schools set up by religious group. In public school, all races are welcome. Not sure whether the schools have similar policy like HDB for allocating based on % of certain race.

Advertisement

Jiean2004

You can pursue your dreams if you have the courage

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »

Having read so much, anyway my son willing be admitting toEdgefield Pri 1 next year,reason being a mere 1-2 min walk from my place. Having a multi racial environment in the early stage will prove useful. The plus point that he would need to communicate in English, which is an international language. Cheers..
jocelyn

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 07:04:55 AM »

Hie

W regards to Edgefield Pri, my child is in P1 there this year.

Generally speaking if u compare Edgefield and Mee Toh, of course Mee Toh will have more chinese.
Cause u wont see any Malay being a Buddhist do you ? ha ha ha

ok, back to the issue of them having more Malays. Their Parent Support Group has
much more Malay parents then Chinese ones. The Chinese parents can be counted with
our ten little fingers ! And it is this that I'm not so satisfied with. If u're really interested to be active
in the school, do consider this factor.

I'm not being racist here, just that I'd prefer and hopefully find some Christian parents
who are also in the parent volunteer group in the Parents Support Group, to pray for our kids.

cheers

The reason why there are fewer malays in Mee Toh is probably there is no malay food stall in the canteen but the school does provide malay as mother tongue.  So are you implying that a malay student who studies in CHIJ had to convert to christianity???  Perhaps it's wise to do some research before replying here. Lol!

Also maybe the malay parents are more proactive than others and perhaps more genuinely interested in volunteering for the school? Sorry to say but you does sounds a little bit racist in your remarks.  Living in a multi-racial country, does it really matter if the ratio of malay vs other race that important? It's the quality of work and NOT QUANTITY.

Also since you are comparing malay vs chinese, maybe you should take note that there are more indian students in edgefield than other schools as Edgefield is the only school in punggol that provide tamil as mother tongue.

Or maybe you might want to consider transferring your child to a christian school like CHIJ which in that case, you won't be worried about 'mass' race gender in the Parent-Teachers Support Group and can pray in comfort.
erm actually there is malay food in mee toh school and there are also malay students in mee toh
jocelyn

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 07:11:49 AM »

Actually i am currently under mee toh school  i thinks that if parents wants their own children get to interact with more kind of races they can choose edgefield primary but if parents want their children to study under a buddihst school it is not that u do not get to interact with other races of people but  is that u will have lesser chances to interact i do also havea friend which is a indian in mee toh and also a friend of malay... So regarding the marks for PSLE for the previous years that edgefield has higher marks i think that it is because of lesser classes in mee toh school whcih only had 2 classes but from 2010 onwards there is 8 classes which had a higher chances of getting higher marks for 2010 the highest mark is 271.... so it is still up to parents idea of to send their children to school... LOL  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: