Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 26, 2024, 12:44:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTUC childcare centre at Blk 166  (Read 4592 times)
punggolboy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 02:08:32 AM »

hi, my boy quite brave...During the 1st 3 days, i ask my maid to stay with him but will go back at ard 12.30pm.   After that, we let him stay a bit longer up to 4-5pm.   He only cry when separated with me or my maid in the morning, after that he's ok.

Good thing is now he began to speak slowly, trying to converse with us.   Before that, he can't talk...juz jie jie or juz shout .... now can say, "you", "there", "mum mum (eat)", "thanks"....etc

I think it's true that childcare centre will make your child talk faster than staying at home cos there's lots of frens and teachers.

Advertisement

jessieyl

Live each day fully as if it is your last!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 09:19:16 PM »

Yo.... waving
Be happy No worry. blushing
If you had decided to send yr kid from start, then let nature take its course.

I have 2 kids, now K1 & N1. They not in this center.
Elder gal had went to 1 child care in Bishan. Later due to 2nd boy, and our home in punggol, we decided to send them both in same center in Punggol.

For elder gal, we undergo a selection of available center in Bishan.
Then same selection method were done to all available centers in Punggol, include those up north at end of Punggol Jetty. Follow by some day-trial on selected centers & visit, before we decide where to put them.
Both like the place and enjoying themself.

My experience (just to share):-
NOT ALL PARENT THINK ALIKE, SO DO THE KID.Selection
Phase I - During open house, bring kids & spouse along. Ideal is that one will observe how kid adapt to the environment. While spouse have a better discussion to the principle, teachers and not forgetting to see the environment. If not open-house, then just pop-in during Saturday to see. Some center may stop yr entry, but most will allow in to pop-&-see. Remember try bring kid along.

Phase II - Zoom in to few, then bring kid along during day time, to observe how the center's operate. Ideal is to notice the actual environment that your kid is going to have. Also, do take note that whatever going to happen on another present-kid may happen to your kid. Very important is to identify and observe your kid first-teacher-to-be. That teacher is going to be the main key to blend yr kid to the environment.

Phase III - Ask fr day-trial, try to have it and be there during the first 3-day. Ideal is to have a more better understanding of what your kid is going through. Put yrself in his shoe, and understand better of what yr kid is going through and also got to know better of what insight his world. But, very important, yr presence should not hidden his present there. Meaning as fast as possible, you should encourage him to participate and try go far awar to observe. And if possible, stay far far away during his lunch or after his bath. If all OK, then you may want to skip day-2 & day-3. However, do pay visit on day-2 or 3 at FAR-distant, just to observe. Last but not least, talk to the teacher during evening when picking him.

And for all 1st time joing-kid (playgroup & N1) to a carecenter, parents should try not to rush yr kids during the start of the year. Reason being if you can't take more than one kids' "nuisence", then can the teacher-in-charge take many NEW KIDs' "nuisence" in same day? So stagger entry will ease the teacher's burden and sametime allow yr kid to blend-in well with others kids with the help of the available teacher.

Hope the above help.

As for "wee-wee" let nature take its course. The teacher will change their diaper, if they don't, yr kid backside will tell you when you bath him at home.... Tongue Then as parent, think you know what next to do. Roll Eyes

Thks for yuor advice! I more assure now.. I have not have my trial days yet. Will try to arrange one soon. Cross my fingers!

God Bless!
jessieyl

Live each day fully as if it is your last!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »

hi, my boy quite brave...During the 1st 3 days, i ask my maid to stay with him but will go back at ard 12.30pm.   After that, we let him stay a bit longer up to 4-5pm.   He only cry when separated with me or my maid in the morning, after that he's ok.

Good thing is now he began to speak slowly, trying to converse with us.   Before that, he can't talk...juz jie jie or juz shout .... now can say, "you", "there", "mum mum (eat)", "thanks"....etc

I think it's true that childcare centre will make your child talk faster than staying at home cos there's lots of frens and teachers.

Punggolboy,

You are right. I was hoping that my boy can learn to speak faster. At home really nothing better to do than just watching TV cos my mom in law can't read English books to him. I really hope that he will blend in fast and enjoy himself there! Cross my fingers! Intend to bring him in after CNY.  clapping

God Bless!
babycutie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »

My 2 kids, boy and gal, in this cc.  Boy in there since he's 27 mo and gal in there since 18 mo.  So far so good.

My boy is now in K1 and my gal is still in Toddlers class till she reaches 30 mo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: