Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 04:14:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake Headaches or Not???  (Read 1457 times)
hurricane

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »

hi hi, just wondering if anyone's kids does this before and how did you overcome this problem.
My son is in K1 this year and we thought that he enjoyed going to school.(we placed him in child care from 8-6)He seems to be adapting pretty well there and learn english and mandarin. However, on sunday he had a slight fever and complained of headache....so we gave some medicine. on monday morning,his fever subsided but he kept saying he's got headache. took him to pedi and could not find anything wrong wif him.this carried on till this morning. he seemed fine most of the day and then jus said he's got headache out of no where.
this morning i talked to him and asked him if he really has got headache cos if it's persistent and real then something must be wrong. he kept insisting he has and then i found out that he doesn't like to take chinese.  sigh....all these drama and only becos he does no enjoy chinese?Huh??i mean there's no way we can tell if he does have headache or not and of course i'm praying that he doesn't cos it could be something more critical.....it was a huge relief for me and hubby, but does it mean that he's so stressed that he is faking the headaches?Huh? i tried talking to him but wat can we get out of a 4yr old??? we do not insist that he does well in all subjects, we don't pressurise him at all cos i still want him to have a childhood. so please, if anyone out there who has same problem, please advise. thanks

Advertisement

H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 08:57:35 PM »

My son cried initially during the 1st week of playgroup, when he was 25 months old. He used to hide his school shoes, as he sees that putting on his shoes is the last thing we do before leaving for school. And hiding it would meant that he did not have to go. That 'problem' went away when he felt comfortable going after 2 weeks.

Your son's headache could be a learned response from an adult. So having a headache equal not having to go to school. Why not go with him and talk to the teachers about his behaviour, as some kids do not display their displeasure infront of their teacher. Thus the teacher would not be able to assist or 'solve' their problem. Then observe how the Chinese teaching is done from a distance without your son knowing. Just repeating some of the lessons at home with him. That should increase the comfort level for him with Chinese. Hope that helps.  waving
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: