Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 12:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Class in Punggol  (Read 55569 times)
nutsaboutarts

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 06:54:30 AM »

Hi there!
There is a new class suitable for K1 - P1 children starting this Sat at 10.15am. Anyone keen to join, contact me for details.

2  vacancies for boys and girls.

See u around. Cheerios!

Advertisement

nutsaboutarts

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 07:02:23 AM »

Kindly note that I won't be conducting any more trial class at the moment.

In any case, if I do open new trial art classes, will update here again.

Meanwhile, do take care. Have a GREAT night!

Cheerios!
nutsaboutarts

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 07:19:33 AM »

Oh yes, was talking on the phone with this parent today about her little tot. She was asking me if her child is too young to learn art. Wink So before I forget...just want to say...Every child is an Artist. No one is too young to express in visual forms. My daughters started doodling before one.

My two years 7 mths girl painted this tree. Smiley

* IMG_4289.JPG (749.28 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 546 times.)
nutsaboutarts

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 07:41:09 AM »

Just feel like having a closure for the day with this....

Many parents today still retain their conservative school of thought that the arts are frill elements that should make way for core subjects like the Sciences, Mathematics and English which seem to be more relevant knowledge for the child's future.

Personally, on the contrary, I feel that it is art education that makes a significant contribution to the way children develop emotionally and intellectually. Looking at the facade of this issue, indeed, the core subjects do equip our students with the necessary tools to survive in the long run. Nevertheless, most primary students are spending too much time in rote memorization and mere identification, so to speak, too few higher level thinking skills are developed.

Art on the other hand is particularly well-placed for development of higher level thinking skills. Art encourages children to draw on their inner resources and develops their own individuality. Furthermore, it also evokes imagination, self-expression and creativity. art serves as a means by which children rebuild and assimilate the experiences they have had.

We are parents should not take sides and educate only half of the brain. In order to achieve a well-balanced education, we must recognise and develop the growing mind of a child. We should nourish our children's inborn capacity to feel, imagine, and remain sensitive to beauty and order....

My two cents worth....Cheerios!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: