Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 08:47:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard of Written English in Punggol Forum  (Read 27359 times)
Della

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2007, 03:39:09 AM »

Hi CarlsJunior,

I don't think Alaska was trying to be mean lah....Being a veteran of this forum, she was trying to 'protect' it as she thot it was an intentional thread to spark off any disagreement. She later agreed that she had nothing more to say' after someone clarified that this was someone using another nick to post insults.

You noticed later that she didn't comment much liao....Give her a break, OK? She's just being the big sister to everyone here. smile
Ya i agree..Hanne..almost all the topics that we put up Alaska was trying to help us to solve for us and to make us understand..we are here to make friends..its just human nature to get angry and upset u know seeing this post here that Genna put up in the first place..but anyway problems seems to have solved  winked we are trying our best to understand Genna and forgiving her...just hope that  no more such condemming and making bad remarks will happen on this forum again..All of the forummers are just trying to protect and make good use  this Punggol Forum.. kissed

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2007, 06:11:02 AM »

knew from the start who you were when we had conversation in the shoutbox few mths ago.  Welcome back yr posts in this forum.

How is everything with you?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:18:18 AM by Alaska » Logged
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2007, 09:23:54 PM »

pgcentral,

you mentioned about panaroid and unfriendly?

Few mths ago, some forumers in your co-owned neighbourhood forum, wrote about aircraft noise in Punggol, you were so panaroid. You even denied the existence of night flying. You are a moderator there, even abuse your authority in deleting the post of forumers who voice out about aircraft noise.

Unfriendly? even your gang told the Punggol people to stay in a cave if can't stand the aircraft noise.

Etanielle

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2007, 08:04:59 AM »

Ouch, must've touched a raw nerve there. I'm not new to this forum, logged on a couple of months back but thought I'd share my opinions. That's all. Thanks Da, for pointing out this could be a sensitive topic to most people.

I'm of the opinion that if you write, let it be proper. Your writing speaks for you. Think letters published in ST Forum Page, though I'm sure some of them have been edited but they are properly written and presented. Bear in mind that this Punggol Forum can be read by anyone the world over.

Perhaps I'd been too brash with my thoughts and have offended some people. Apologies........My 'insensitivity' aside, do you think it's time for us to really watch how we present ourselves, whether spoken, written or inferred?

hi genna. sure you have your own opinion but that doesnt mean its our opinion. Anyway, this is obviously not a ST Forum page and obviously people knows the difference of writing in a ST forum page and writing here. Why do we have to portray a very decent and proper presentation when we are not? (even you mention that u speak singlish sometimes) to put it in a rough manner, why be a hypocrite? Yes i agree that we need to watch how we present ourselves and everything but is there a NEED here? anyway people come here to express our opinions more; rather than showing their good command of english. if we cant get da freedom of speech we want here, ultimately who will remain writing here?
cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: