Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 04:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Your Own Bag" project launched as part of green initiative  (Read 6969 times)
sweetheavens

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »

I have something to share about the no bag initiative.

Yesterday, I was at NTUC (PP) to buy some stuff and a wrapping paper. The cashier told me 'Eh, no plastic bag ah today.' I had forgotten about it, so had to hand-carry a bottle of shampoo, a conditioner a bag of 3-in-1 coffee and a wrapping paper! But no choice lah, so I said, 'OK lo..'.

Then, she really collected my payment and that was the end of it. I was quite surprised that she didn't even roll up my wrapping paper with tape or rubber band (isn't that the usual practice when you buy wrappers?!) I then asked 'Can you at least give me a rubber band?' She then threw the rubber band on my wrapping paper!!  head banging mad
wah that's bad! maybe she also just hv a bad day with other customers... not everyone's as nice as u (and me *LOL*) and there will still be ppl who demand for plastic bags i suppose... anyway if u buy a lot of stuff, u still can get the bag wat! only that u hv to pay for them... right??

i rem the first time i shopped in a supermarket in japan when i was there for training, we didn't know they charge for plastic bags (too taken for granted in sg) so when they asked if we wanna pay for the plastic bags we said no and ended up with groceries and no bag... we went around the supermarket and found some old carton boxes and took one box each (me and my ex-colleague), dump all the stuff inside and walked the long long way home with a big box each in our arms!

after that always will rem to carry my tote bag when i need to get groceries there... keke~

opps, off track again!

back to your subject... but then again even if she's frustrated, she's in service line and it's very wrong to vent her frustration on customers like throwing rubber band at u... so rude!! at least show some good service, and only grumble when in back-of-house mah... i know most service staff do that one... but that's good enough since didn't show customer face... we are only humans also cannot expect won't rant or whine or complain if badly or unfairly treated one right?

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 10:16:37 PM »

In Japan, Korea and Taiwan, all no more supplying plastic bags in the big supermarket liao. I put 2 plastic bags folded nicely in my handbag all the time.
Hanne

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »

Actually, I oso 'stingy' lah........Didn't want to pay for the plastic bag, so thot could just carry the things home. But the wrapping paper was tricky if not rolled up mah.........

No, it was around 3pm++. The Q was no long, I think this aunty really took the 'no bag' policy too seriously. No bag, no rubber band, no scotch tape....everything oso no!! hehe...
Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 11:16:32 PM »

After Bring Your Own Bag project, now Make Your Own Bag,

what's next?

Maybe something like .... 'Beg for a Bag' ??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: