Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 02:01:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess who gets the jobs in singapore  (Read 14171 times)
eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:46:14 AM »

There can be jobs for foreigners and i do understand the importance, but i think the bottom line is that there should be sufficient jobs for low educated singaporean.... they are force to the wall as employer can only hire them if they willing to take foreign workers pay...which in my opinion is not enough for current singapore day to day spending.....also with large influx of foreign workers in singapore, that also bring about other problem... hygiene, littering....... etc....... and imagine next time your children will be brought up in this environment and slowly we'll lose our own identity.

Advertisement

Ricola

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »

I understand how you feel about the lower educated fellow singaporean... the incident of the unfortunate man who killed himself by jumping into the mrt track because he was so poor will forever edged into my mind, yeah, we should always remember those who got left behind in the name of progress..

I don't think that there are insufficient jobs for the lower educated... the problem is they don't know where to find them or where to get help..

think of confinement ladies... how is it that most of them are from M'sia? With a S$1800 - S$2000 package, and if there are about 7 - 8 babies a year, that is a good income for many of us..

how about part-time cleaners? with $10 -$12 per hour, the pay is much better than part-timers in fast food restaurants, in fact it is also higher than part-timers working in mnc...

baby-sitters, food deliveryman (those who take lunch orders from offices and help the busy/lazy office workers to buy lunches) etc, etc... there many more, is just that most of us are not aware of how to get them (the jobs)...
dafansu

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »

few days back i received one call from a reputable insurance company. the caller introduce herself in english after that ask if we can speak in mandarin, got a shock

ahteck

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 03:55:31 AM »

the Singapore population is targetted at 6 million pple.
how to have this number when locals are not reproducing.
so naturally the "foreign workers" comes into the picture.
as to they taking away locals job, it is very much now on the government to create job.
think as long as unemployment figures is low the situation is under control.
interestingly, my dad is a "foreign worker".
he came over in 1930s and currently RIP.
he was agressive when coming to making a living for the family.
refuse to retire and maintain a pair of oily greasy hand even though >70.
think there is some values, though not all, that we need to learn from our foreign worker.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: