Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 05:53:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Christian Church  (Read 86985 times)
pjandyho

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2008, 04:58:11 AM »

Personally, I think tat everyone deserves a chance. A church grp tat grew is always labeled as cult. I dun think tat they wld be obnoxious if they are allowed to operate from such a big building. And we are talking abt a church in Singapore where every religion and association is scrutinized.

I am not a member of the church. Neither do I attend their services. I was onces with NCC (New Creation Church) and it is now labeled as cult church as well, as it grew huge with the leadership of Pastor Prince.  Fellow brothers and sisters labeled him as cult leader which I truly do not understd. Why wld fellow Christians hurt another in tis manner?

A church cannot be considered a true church of Christ if the pastor preaches "Once saved, always saved". It scares me that the whole church was chanting this motto when I attended it in I think somewhere in late 1990s or early 2000. Since when did the bible tell us that once we are saved, we are always saved? We are saved by grace but the bible tells us repeatedly that we must repent. Repent and be baptized is what it tells us. How can one who turn his eyes away from God after receiving Him still be considered a Christian and be saved?

Advertisement

pjandyho

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2008, 05:21:01 AM »

Hi All,
Just curious...at the end of everyone's life we'll have a funeral wake or something. And in every wake there's always some kind of rituals for any religion/faith. What about those who said they are free thinker? What will they have then?
Just throw em into the sea stick tongue

Basically, all these casket companies who does the arrangements would try to sell you a package based on the family's believes. So if one is a free thinker and the family members are Buddhists, then the wake would go according to the Buddhist rites and rituals. If the family happened to be free thinkers, then congratulations, they just saved a ton of money. There would still be the wake but there wouldn't be any rituals. Simple and clean. Actually, the simplest ones I know are the Christian and Muslim ones. The most complex I know of probably are the Taoist.
Prodigalson

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »

A church cannot be considered a true church of Christ if the pastor preaches "Once saved, always saved". It scares me that the whole church was chanting this motto when I attended it in I think somewhere in late 1990s or early 2000. Since when did the bible tell us that once we are saved, we are always saved? We are saved by grace but the bible tells us repeatedly that we must repent. Repent and be baptized is what it tells us. How can one who turn his eyes away from God after receiving Him still be considered a Christian and be saved?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) {of Christ,} for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes {with} a personal trust {and} a confident surrender {and} firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God (His unmerited favor and blessing) has come forward (appeared) for the deliverance from sin {and} the eternal salvation for all mankind.

Heb 5:9 And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author {and} Source of eternal salvation to all those who give heed {and} obey Him,

My bible tells me clearly that the true Gospel provides deliverance from eternal death and gives eternal salvation. Is not this Once Saves Always Saved Huh?

The blood of Jesus is an overpayment for our sins and ALL the sins of men that can even commit. (From the first man Adam to the last person to be born)
Pls realise that His blood is NOT the blood of just an innocent man, it is very Blood of God Himself.  thumbs up

My Salvation is Eternal and I thank HIM for that  clapping

For those that do not believe OSAS, it is OK ..... when the Rapture comes - ALL His Children will be taken up to heaven to be with HIM, if any is still doubtful then - I will explain to you on our way up to heaven ..... ok?    chitchat

In His Everlasting Love and Grace,
ProdigalSon 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:01:50 PM by Prodigalson » Logged
mushroomeater

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2008, 09:56:39 AM »

it's prosperity gospel when a preacher always preaches about prosperity and that if you accepted Jesus Christ in your heart as your Lord, you won't have any problems anymore which is a complete lie. God didn't promise a problem-free life, as a matter of fact God did say a Christian life is a tough life but one can overcome it when he puts his trust in God.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: