Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 16, 2024, 10:20:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fine dining restaurant banning young children  (Read 1969 times)
BlackStallion

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »

In the New Paper today on page 9, there is an article on the above issue. For example Prive Restaurant at Marina at Keppel Bay, children below 12 yrs old are not allowed. What is your opinion on it?

Rgds,
BlackStallion

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »

It is part of marketing strategy and the positioning of the restaurant. This restaurant has planned who are the target markets. Well, business world and business tactics are everywhere.

Same goes as PUB/disco business.
garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:17:08 AM »

Firstly, I would say that I won't patronise such restaurant for the time being since they don't allow children under 12 years old and I will not be able to bring my son there. Secondly, I think the restaurant have such policy is because they do not want the children to make a lot of noise and ruin the ambience there. Nowadays, it's very common to see children running around at shopping mall, playing on escalator unattended and making lots of noise in the restaurant and parents are oblivious to such behaviour. They only "make noise" when accidents happen and blame it on the restaurant, shopping mall etc.

That aside, I have also my fair share of experience with a particular peranakan restaurant along Upper Thomson Road that I would like to share. I remembered my boy is around 9 mths old but he could sit well on high chair or any baby chair but then again at that age, he have the tendency to crawl around. When we were waiting at the restaurant to be seated (it was very crowded), we asked if there's any baby chair for him and since the restaurant is crowded, we were thinking if there's no baby chair available, we will go to another restaurant nearby but the staff and captain kept reassuring us that they have baby chair and ask us to wait. However, after having waited for more than 30mins, they ushered us to this table where there's only 4 seats and there's absolutely no place that I could put my son except to carry him. When I asked for a baby chair, I was told they do not have any and the staff asked me to put my son on the chair instead. I simply walked out of the restaurant and never patronise that restaurant again.

If the restaurant have told us there's no baby chair at all, we wouldn't have waited for nothing.

In the New Paper today on page 9, there is an article on the above issue. For example Prive Restaurant at Marina at Keppel Bay, children below 12 yrs old are not allowed. What is your opinion on it?
BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:56:26 AM »

For me personally I think this is discrimination whatever the reason they give. Will they not allow Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt to patron their place with her newborn. I bet they'll bend the rules for them just so that they can get good promo for the restaurant.

Anyway...Mcdonald's, KFC, BK etc... are a bigger franchise and more 'family friendly'. Better go there....

Rgds,
BlackStallion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: