Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 06, 2024, 04:33:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted to Buy Projector for Home Entertainment -Movies & Video Games  (Read 6794 times)
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 01:56:21 AM »

i use my projector only for watching movie dvds.. and coz i normally watch only during the weekends, i have not changed my bulb (since i first moved in 2001).  unless you use it for connecting to your pc too as a screen, more "siong".  in the first two years, i even rented it out to people during their weddings for photos presentation.. i charged $150 per usage.  it's much cheaper than the mkt rate i think.

i forgot my model number, but back then, i bought my projector for $3900.. plus my surround system, about $1600.. now the prices dropped alot liao.  it's worth it though.. when you watch movies, you can feel the diff.  mine is a 72" screen.. i've not stepped into a cinema for more than 5 years.  normally i watch my movies in the night, on the aircon, prepare some fruits, wine cocktails, etc... make myself cozy.. shiok!  much better than the cinemas.  no regrets!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:01:58 AM by shells » Logged

Advertisement

gaonrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 02:21:13 AM »

I'm owning AE900 for just DVD viewing and setup in an dedicated room. Not using for games as LCD is not recommand for games and PC application due to burn in issue.
base on your requirement and budget, I would suggest to DLP over LCD projector. however with that price range and to get 720p DLP PJ, the only option is to go for 2nd hand. check this out, my friend is selling his Benq PJ is a good price:http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40926.0

anyway.there is lots of consideration before you put ur hard cash into the PJ. Thing like throw distance, screen size, screen type, how u mount ur PJ...etc
But once you setup..u will never go back. 
for more infor on PJ, u can ask the experts here: http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12.0
btw, as for the bulb life..by the time is EOL, u will be looking at the next model of PJ with improve sepc. the price of bulb is about S$500 range, if u want, u can get OEM bulb.
if u want, u can come over to my place for short reviews how I setup my PJ and from there see whether u want to go for it. PM me and let me noe.  winked
Peace@Punggol

Its a Bird Its a Plane Its.......Peace@Man

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 10:54:57 AM »

yo peace,

read this to better prepared yourself.
http://www.betterlamps.com/Faq/lamp-cost.html

also have the cost of lamp/bulb for references

Optoma HD70 Replacement Projector Lamp - BL-FP200C
Our Price: USD$345.00

Sanyo PLV-Z4 6103235998 145W UHP 1 unit(s) Replacement lamp £217

PANASONIC projector AE900 Lamp
UHM 130 watt, 3000 hour, Lamp.
Price:  £249.95

lwteyu

Thanks for assisting in my research for the lamp bulb and the detail breakdown  clapping. Gotta give you credit for it.  thumbs up
Peace@Punggol

Its a Bird Its a Plane Its.......Peace@Man

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 10:58:24 AM »

I'm owning AE900 for just DVD viewing and setup in an dedicated room. Not using for games as LCD is not recommand for games and PC application due to burn in issue.
base on your requirement and budget, I would suggest to DLP over LCD projector. however with that price range and to get 720p DLP PJ, the only option is to go for 2nd hand. check this out, my friend is selling his Benq PJ is a good price:http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40926.0

anyway.there is lots of consideration before you put ur hard cash into the PJ. Thing like throw distance, screen size, screen type, how u mount ur PJ...etc
But once you setup..u will never go back. 
for more infor on PJ, u can ask the experts here: http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12.0
btw, as for the bulb life..by the time is EOL, u will be looking at the next model of PJ with improve sepc. the price of bulb is about S$500 range, if u want, u can get OEM bulb.
if u want, u can come over to my place for short reviews how I setup my PJ and from there see whether u want to go for it. PM me and let me noe.  winked

Hey Gaonrat

Thks for the info, I did visit xtremeplace and saw the post of Benq PJ but its quite big and bulky as the price is indeed attractive though. I wld definitely love to drop by your place to take a look and to gather more info from you and get more tips and knowledge in getting my first PJ.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: