Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 08:03:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Garmen stop digging into our pocket!!!  (Read 18121 times)
Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 01:35:12 AM »

Sinkies... you got to work until your last breath...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/273628/1/.html

NTUC Chief warns against S'pore becoming 'another average nation'
By S Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 01 May 2007 2035 hrs

SINGAPORE: Addressing the May Day Rally on Tuesday was NTUC Secretary-General Lim Swee Say, who vowed to ensure Singapore never becomes a "same nation in the world of same challenges".

If that happened, he warned the country could end up as, in his words, "just another average nation".

Mr Lim noted that Singapore has its own unique blend of tripartism where the partners think far, talk real and act fast in unity.

He hopes that in five years time, with the efforts put in place to encourage more people to work longer, Singapore can become one of the nations with the longest employment.

He said, "Let us commit ourselves to always do the right things. Let us strive for unlimited Singapore so that there will be higher, better and longer employment for all. Let us strive for an even more united Singapore so that all collars of workers, all ages and nationalities will work, live and play together." - CNA/yy

Advertisement

Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »

After GE, increase this n increase that!!! really had enuff man!!! latest after the gst incremental is ERP gantry of 50cents increase!!! Did they pay the civil servant too much and now have to take back from us???

really cannot take it liao!!! I wonder if i have make a wrong vote during the last GE!!!

which part of the carrot that attracted you?

Now even got lucky draw! But bottom line is you must contribute Medisave first!
Haha......

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/273634/1/.html
punggolboy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 04:22:20 AM »

Next in line is School Fees.......as we stride to be the best.....need to employ foreign teachers to teach our childrens.....then....increase service & conservancy fees as cost of maintaince increase...then increase in Power & water bills....to teach s'porean to save the earth.....then increase HDB flat prices as cost of sand and granite goes up...etc etc etc

Thanks for voting them........make sure you dont lose your job....it will be very very depressing to sleep thinking about how you gonna pay your bill next month.
tom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 06:46:39 AM »

Allow me to say something for our old guards. I mean the people who started to take Singapore independently away from the British Government. Of course this is what our family elders had been talking about. I witness some events myself when I was a little kid, living in a Kampong in Geylang.  Smiley

Once I remembered , I looked out of the window gap, I noticed foreign troops with rifles, bayonets attached, slicing tyres of cars parked along our kampong roads. On growing up, then I realised those were the days of Indonesian Confrontation. Singapore were at their mercy. At that time Singapore had only 2 platoons of volunteered soldiers.

Next, I usually saw groups of gangsters, chasing each other in the kampong, throwing acid bulbs against each rival groups. Some wielding  parangs and slashing each other to death. It was like a kongfu film on TV. Shocked

Next, there were curfews imposed all of a sudden and we were caught right in the middle of the road. No buses, no taxis, we really don't know what to do.

So at that time, we had brand names like Lee Kuan Yew, Toh Chin Chye, Rajaratnam, Goh Keng Swee, Ong Pang Boon and a few other pioneers. I understand, at that time, they really had to govern Singapore ,risking their own lifes at times. Frankly, we have to respect those old guards.

Today, those who took over are more or less enjoying lifes.  Smiley Smiley Today, we are complaining is because, they are moving too fast, forgetting our welfare, our family, our jobs, our interests, our pockets. This is the whole trouble. Now they are begining to be compassionate towards the population, which is probably a bit late.  Smiley that's why most are making noise.  Smiley The only way is to complaint and amuse ourselves.......and make ourselves happy. chitchat

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: