Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 02:36:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you expect to see in Punggol North in the next 5 or 10 years ?  (Read 46383 times)
Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2007, 08:31:56 PM »

Clearing budget surplus....
and if dun keep digging and relaying road.. will look too free.. and will get retrenched..

Something which is real puzzling.....TRAFFIC PROBLEMS.

Singapore first started housing development in Tiong Bahru, followed by Queenstown, Redhill, Toa Payoh, AMK, Bedok, Geyland East, Tampiness, Pasir Ris and finally Punggol.

They must  have studied, traffic patterns, estimate the number of car owners, residents using public transports and finally planned proper roads, expressways, etc etc.  Shocked Up to today, it is shocking no body learns anything.

Even today, in Singapore, a new road may be constructed, nicely painted with lines and arrows. Tomorrow, a different contractor comes around and started digging, probably to lay some pipes. Weeks  later, a wiring contractor comes in, started digging, maybe to put in some wires. The story never ends.

It is sad to know some people finds it hard to co-ordinate and work together as a professional team. Shocked

==============================================================

The problem of LTA is that from top to bottom ranks, all of them are engineers. Engineers are very good at operational level task (eg come out tech. spec. and built the road).  To coordinate and work together like what you say above require tactical and strategic skills set.  I also feel pain that LTA like to reconstruct the same road several times (waste a lot of taxpayer money).

Advertisement

Dragon

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2007, 10:43:47 PM »

couldn agree more. recently i noticed theres so many relaid strips of road, it makes driving unbearable and i've not even started on the jams. must be collection from road tax exceeding expectations that LTA need to clear the surplus so that no grounds is left to argue for a lower amount to pay.

===========================================================

I don't think they are trying to clear the surplus. They just want to show the public  there are many roads to repair and need to increase ERP toll to reflect the cost of maintaining a smooth road (not jamless road).
tiong

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »

I see Punggol as lousy estate cause of the aircraft's noise problem. its a problem even our Miss MP can't solve, the noise will be double from 2010 when the new F15 figher come to Paya Lebar. Yes, the estate will be world class with the Punggol 21 Plan but with the daily noise pollution it is really mad  mad. I will move out of Punggol when my 5 yrs is up!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: