Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 12:44:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RISING TRANSPORT COSTS!  (Read 15489 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »

66.6%

Advertisement

punggolboy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 05:27:47 AM »

Next time have to find a job near to our place....smaller salary nevermind....save $$ net net.  More time with family, more $$, no ERP, no taxi, no bus.....juz exercised....walk or cycle to work.   Then when we make enuf.....migrate to australia...then u can have a beautiful cottage in a country-side, fresh air, no PAP, no COE.....u can buy a very nice sport car...an live happily ever after....amen   clapping clapping clapping

Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 05:43:45 AM »

I was so pissed off Wednesday evening. Took a cab from my place to Centrepoint at about 5.30pm. Guess the cab fare? $17.70 !!! OMG !!! That is a killer! All the charges, peak hour and ERP, CTE watever toll charges!!! The actual cab fare was only ten over bucks! More residents are moving into Punggol, Sengkang, so is the government going to increase the ERP charges and peak hour charges again? Increasing the tolls is not easing congestions. It is only going to make Singaporeans more unhappy due to the rising costs which is not justifiable. Especially over the years, have you as a commuter experienced any improvements in traffic despite the rising costs? Definitely not justifiable. This is only acting as a lucrative source of revenue for them to make more money out of us. We are already trying to save as much money so we can so as to have a better quality life, let our family live more comfortably. No wonder Singapore's birth rates are declining at an alarming rate. Already cannot afford to have a good life for yourself, who wants to have another burden, child?  Reach home so late, after dinner almost 9 plus, by the time you sleep it would be midnight or later and then you got to wake up again at maybe 7 in the morning? Recommended number of hours to sleep would be 8 hours a day. In Singapore, I think its no life!

I read about something similiar about this toll charges thing just two days ago i the papers. Someone wrote in to the straits times.

If I take a cab from town after midnight to go home, it would cost me 20 bucks! See the difference in travelling at night?

I would try to take a train usually. From Punggol mrt to Dhoby Ghaut, its about 30mins. To Orchard mrt, its 45mins. All timings are inclusive of waiting and walking times to change trains.

If I weren't in a rush, I would have taken train instead. Costs me around 3bucks instead.

so my main complaint is: RISING TOLL CHARGES PEAK CHARGES NOT JUSTIFIABLE BECAUSE, THERE IS STILL A JAM. SINCE ITS BEEN IMLEMENTED, AND IT DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK, WHEN WILL THE INFLATION CHARGES BY REVERSED? REVERSE IT AND IM PRETTY  SURE THE NEXT ELECTION PAP WILL HAVE MORE VOTES.That are finally showing that they really do care for us, appreciative of our contribution to CPF so they can use our money for investments. Understanding the rising costs that are causing the stress in discontentment in our lifestyle.

I think Im gona move to malaysia and be a vilager, give up all this neverending cycle of trap of work and never having enough money to spend.

By cab after 8pm to town, takes you 20mins the fastest by TPE.

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad
 head banging head banging head banging head banging head banging

And If im called up for questioning if im starting some riot, NO. Im just starting a rackus for the darned cab fare. Which equals = unreasonable tolls.

We should in a group collate and ask for the chargers to be re-revised, reduced. No improvement in congestions, shows that the plan fails. Should sack the person who recommeded the increase.

thumbs up  mad mad mad mad head banging head banging head banging head banging
who vote Pay And Pay

Me me me!!!  stick tongue stick tongue stick tongue
You believe??
Same, i won't believe those who say vote otherwise.
The results has been out, the future has been set..
WE shoot ourselves, blame no-one else.
So let hang on tight and expect more to come.. kissed kissed
fairy

Live for the moment...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 11:31:20 PM »

Next time you see me, I will be working in Mcdonald's Compass Point! Save transport costs!!!

....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....      The best step is forward.
...............(_/.......
... I WAS ............
.......... HERE ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: