Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 09:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Singtel Broadband speed slow !!  (Read 4852 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »

I've been using 3 yrs starhub. Only few mths ago till today, the connections have problems. I thought it is the computer that might have virus. Sometimes connected, sometimes disconnected in the middle. Is it the Starhub or Computer virus?

Advertisement

hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »

starhub cable broadband works on a different technology and disconnection is almost an impossible thing. the few times i cant connect is when the some control unit fails and basically hundreds of households are affected.

perhaps alaska is refering to disconnection of the wireless lan which happens to me often too. juz a matter of resetting the router
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »

yes, the wireless one. So it's normal. I thought my computer was attacked by virus.
fairy

Live for the moment...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 08:19:04 AM »

Im using Singtel 10MBPSs. The speed is quite fast, when i click on another page it loads immediately. However, this applies mainly to off peak periods. Peak periods like weekends and evenings when most residents will use their line more often, the connection becomes slower.

So if you are Starhub or Singtel, stick to them. Cos too many similar subscribers in one block can clog the lines. And thus lead to slower connection cos many people are using the same supplier.

So if you are the 3MBPS user, i think that is the cheapest plan. But i intend to downgrade to 6MBPS cos its cheaper and I have to wait until my contract ends.

....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....      The best step is forward.
...............(_/.......
... I WAS ............
.......... HERE ......
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: