Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 24, 2024, 04:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My goodness, So Terrible! Our Punggol food court sells one chicken wing at $1.50  (Read 11075 times)
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 11:24:01 PM »

Yeah. Agree. Most food stall holders don't earn as much these days as back then. I know someone who runs a very 'busy' stall in TP. Customers queuing up and all that. Take home pay is less than $3000 to feed the whole family who's helping out. No other source of income. Everything else goes to rent, etc. So who's the one laughing all the way to the bank? You know I know....

Advertisement

Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 11:40:08 PM »

no choice
their rental is very high
so they got no choice to pass down to customers

i have a friend that into selling food business in west coast drive
that small stall was bought from hdb with the price of 4 room flat
after payment of the stall have been paid up, just like the other stall around him.
guess what

hdb comes in and said they will upgrade the place
with that, he got to fork out some more $$$ to pay for the upgrading
thus prices on his menu he got to increase

sometimes you cant blame the stall holders
but rather check what is their rental rate

for the bubble tea shop
if they were to sell 100 cups at $2 each per day
in one month they only got $6000
minus the rental
they left with $1000
that is not including the utilities and the ingredients

so is it worth it?

Still got their workers' pay
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:17:03 AM »

I think from the bubble tea point of view, every month they still need to fork out some $$$ to break-even. However, they have huge customer base. Imagine, there are no other shops in Punggol selling bubble tea. The nearest is Rivervale Mall. For them , it is worth investing. People have $$$...mah....
jgao

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 09:47:35 AM »

smoking the rent there so high ... thats why so X!!! similiar to the mall ... the bubble tea ever say in the papers that their small shop at a high rent of $3k+ ... no wonder there is so many clinics in the mall, more like Punggol Medical Plaza...

thumbs up tink opening another mall would be better for us as comsumer and for the mgt to wake up ... and look at their mall... so miserable and boring ... no pc items, no fast food maybe bcos their boss is from koufu... supermarket at level 3 so inconvenient and to return trollery must go back up to L3 ... what kinda of service is the mall or the NTUC mgt providing ... please think of the elderly and parents with kids ... the mall is not friendly to public ... especially the buses that turn in to the mall ... so dangerous...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: