Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 03:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To the INCONSIDERATE & RECKLESS driver along Edgefield Plains this noon...  (Read 3593 times)
pohbear77

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »

17 April 2011, Sunday around noon time along Edgefield Plains Road.

Just reached home after buying lunch from Blk 198 Food Court with my 2 kids [holding onto the hand of my 4+ year-old girl & carrying my 1+ year-old boy in a carrier] & immediately decided to post this comment about an INCONSIDERATE & RECKLESS driver - glad that WE, especially myself, are still alive!

At about 12 noon, we were about to cross the Traffic Light (in front of Edgefield Primary School) after it had turned GREEN [in favour of us - Pedestrians] when suddenly this driver [Based on what I saw, it was an Indian man driving a Champagne Gold car & the Vehicle Licence Plate I briefly saw was SGV 8043 _ - Didn't managed to catch the last Alphabet, if not I would surely report it to the respective authorities!] dangerously beat the Traffic Light [already turned RED for vehicles] & dashed across without any consideration & looking out if there were any Pedestrians about to cross the road [What I saw was the driver reaching downwards as if to pick up something from inside his car when he beat the Traffic Light!].

I was like 'WTF' in my mind (Please pardon my language but...), how could this kind of reckless driver ever exist?!? I was unable to take a photo/video using my HP as both my hands are occupied with either carrying the lunch I'd bought or holding onto my kids. But I immediately took a glimpse of the Driver & the Car as mentioned above. I was thinking that if we'd crossed the road promptly without looking out for such errant drivers [in fact, this wasn't the first time I'd encountered such reckless drivers ever since we moved into Punggol - 3 years ago, my wife & I were pushing my young girl then in the stroller halfway through the same Traffic Light already in our favour, also an inconsiderate driver purposely beat the junction & nearly hit us!!], an accident would surely happened!

Upon reaching home, immediately tried to search if there was any way I could check on this vehicle's Licence Plate online but to no avail [Would appreciate if anyone knows if there's any way I can do so please enlighten me, thanks.] Decided to post this matter in Punggol Forum so as to raise the safety awareness for residents, especially on weekdays where a lot of students use the same Traffic Light (outside Edgefield Primary School & Blk 178) to be more careful of such irresponsible drivers in the future! {Am still very agitated now about this near-accident, yet grateful that I'd always taught & reminded my girl to be careful when crossing Traffic Lights.}

PS:
1) If you WERE the RECKLESS DRIVER guilty of the above-mentioned, please do NOT do it again as it'll endanger other road-users. Who knows, it may be your loved ones whom were in our situation today - then how would you feel if something drastic happened?!? If you don't give a #^&$ about your own life & safety, others DO!!!
2) If you happen to read this post & knows who the Driver/ Owner of the vehicle [SGV 8043 _] is, do inform him about this post & his irresponsible actions.  I welcome him to post his side of his story here if he dares & we can clarify on this.
3) My apologies, (if due to any error on my part in catching the Car's licence plate while in my state of anger & shock), to any vehicle owners who own vehicles with similar car plate identification.

Angry father of 2 kids whom were nearly ran over by a RECKLESS driver.  mad

Advertisement

garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:07:43 AM »

You can still lodge a report with TP eventhough you do not have the last alphabet. This kind of drivers ought to be taught a lesson!
vistarian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:24:19 AM »

If you are sure about the car plate number can contact TP right away.

I think there is a hidden camera down there, and would be a recording
of the incident.

If someone got injured in this sort of incident, very easily for the authorities
to trace the culprit driver.  They use the same 'invisible' technology that
have arrested criminals within 12 hours.

I think nowadays, even loan shark runners are easily caught.  
Much to their surprise  clapping
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:27:53 AM by vistarian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: