Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 04:43:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Will you join RC and serve tthis community?
Yes!  At your service! - 7 (35%)
Nay, no time. - 5 (25%)
Over my dead body! - 5 (25%)
Hur?  Wat's that? - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why i don't join RC even they are recruiting  (Read 20413 times)
erase

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 09:34:05 PM »

That was 3 years ago. If possible, give it another chance. There is a big possibility that those handling your application then are not around. Things would have improved by now.

Are you at Cove?  You'll be okay there.

Interview? What interview?  I attended first few RC meetings as an observer and was appointed EM after a couple of months. It was after I started attending the meetings that I handed in my application form and not before.

Yes, you should give them one more chance. Maybe the form you hand in really the case of misplaced....

Listen to one as if he were a King. Watch with 10 pairs of eyes and listen with one heart.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 09:47:21 PM »

My case is worst. Join as an observer for 10 months now. Still don't upgrade me to EM. I think the chairman/vice chairman are cowards. Only taking advantage of the 'free labour' but comes to request for upgrading EM, they try to prolong the case.

Very very COWARD!
erase

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 09:51:26 PM »

Hi Taiwan, i might not know your case... But if I'm not wrong...the case is if you are an observer u need to seat in for 3 RC meeting consecutively...then u will get promoted....

That is what i have find out... And after that you just help out in the event that all....

Listen to one as if he were a King. Watch with 10 pairs of eyes and listen with one heart.
Velvetine

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 09:58:48 PM »

Taiwan

Is your RC quite large? Did your Chairman or Vice explain to you why the delay?  I can only think of 3 reasons, one is that inefficiency (not that I'm saying that your RC is inefficient), two, the EM limit for the size of your RC has been reached (have to double check on this),  and last, the observer's track records doesn't allow him or her to be an EM until after a period of "probation" time. 

Erase also has a valid point.

Were you ever catagorised as a "Neighbourhood Volunteer"?

Why the use of the word "coward"? Which RC are you from? You can PM me the answer if you rather do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: