Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 06:54:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car being Vandalise at Edgefield Plains  (Read 7090 times)
tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 05:28:35 AM »

Penalty for acts of vandalism.  thumbs up

Quote :

3. Notwithstanding the provisions of any other written law, any person who commits any act of vandalism or attempts to do any such act or causes any such act to be done shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction  to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years, and shall also, subject to section 231 of the Criminal Procedure Code, be punished with caning with not less than 3 strokes and not more than 8 strokes:

This act is so strongly worded, but as a Singaporean, we really cannot understand what sort of proof the police wants in order to apprehand the culprit. It will be good if the police department can list it out in detail.

Advertisement

Twig

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:36:34 AM »

Being a car owner, though not at your block, I'm kinda worried... The MSCP at my mum's (unfortunately not at Punggol) is actually installed with security cameras, and there are warning signs for would-be offenders. It is possible they were installed after there were incidents of cars being smashed for their cashcards. A few months back there were a few young kids who vandalised a few of the cars. Because of these cameras, the police obtained sufficient evidence to catch these kids. So I think having cameras installed in carparks is not an impossible thing.  cheers
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 01:19:51 AM »

The MP in yr mum's GRC is very efficient. Unfortunately not in our GRC.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: