Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 03:14:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ill-mannered students  (Read 38827 times)
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2006, 12:29:13 AM »

Yeah, schools can only do so much and it would seem that more and more parents are expecting schools to impart everything to their children... something goes wrong, they blame the schools first but never themselves.

Advertisement

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2006, 01:06:51 AM »

There r so much limitations in the teachers' authority nowadays tat the schs cant do much other then imparting the general knowledge. In those days, when I get Zero for my chinese spelling, my chinese teacher will award some "prize" (rottan on hand). Now no teachers can do tat anymore otherwise they will be accused of child abuse. There are so much respect that we held on our teacher as a student ourselves in the olden days, but now, the children hardly respect their own parents, dun talk abt their teachers.

Its a different generation now. Children are thinking like adults but in the wrong way. They learn to manupulate their parents to get wht they want. They call the shots at home. So parents need to reflect on themselves and think how their actions will impact on the children and the morals they want to impart.
ultramanz

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2006, 01:59:47 AM »

tats very true.. rem last time i used to fear the punishment my teachers would give me cos i always never do my work.. and if they give me the rattan and my parents saw the rattan marks, they'll add on more punishment cos they know i've misbehaved in sch.. now if any parents saw 'rattan marks' on their child, guess the first thing they'll do is to demand an explaination from the sch on wat 'serious offence' the child has committed. I know some even asked their child to challenge the teacher's punishment if they find they're not at fault..

no wonder our children grew up with such a hack-care attitude...   mad mad head banging head banging
fsng0156

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2006, 02:42:12 AM »

It's call "stand up for your right"  Nothing wrong in challenging the teacher but make sure with proper manner.

The student in the bus case, I think not knowing the student name there is little the principal can do except to address it in general during school assembly. Student behaviour always come from the family and must be from a young age.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: