Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 01, 2024, 07:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dengue spotted in punggol  (Read 12865 times)
r99

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 02:59:58 PM »

Dengue fever... no joke...

feel extremely weak, and pain all over.

Advertisement

bravo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

I feel that the relevant authorities should really jus walk the grounds n see for themselves... now, i dun bring my kid to the playground at nite.. cos even without the dengue 'season' the play ground is already so infested with mosquitoes.. the multi story carparks are hardly sweeped.. most of the time, i only see the cleaners do 'spot' cleaning.. the carpark drains n 'balloon' or surface gratings are choked up with leaves. Some even without covers. Do they bother?

The washing area is worse, cos of the dirt left behind by the cars/bikes etc. To me, its an important area to take note for the cleaners, jus need to spend a little effort each day to ensure that the washing area is not choked up etc. Cos there is only 1 in the entire multi storey carpark.

The garden area is simply worse with all the dried leaves stacked onto the already inefficient drainage systems.

Fogging only helps to 'chase' the mosquitoes aways, we should really eradicate the problems by solving any stagnant water areas.

Bin Centres should also be inspected n locked up each day instead of leaving it open.

Nowadays if i go jogging at nite.. i literally need to jog non stop cos once i stop... i will b a buffet by those mosquitioes.. hahaha....

So much for monthly washing..... and we pay for it....

Better check ur plants for any larvae everyday.... if not kenna summon...

If public areas got larvae can we summon them back? if we can... i can assure u that everyone will do their part... cos everyone will start opening up drains n check check check... haha... got medals whenever we spot any such larvae!!

Seebo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 01:52:54 AM »

Ya lo everytime i go down to the park at night, i sure kanna mosquitoes "kisses". So many of them  Cry And dry leaves lying all ard leh. Where's the cleaners???  Huh?

bravo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 02:16:29 AM »

Ya lo everytime i go down to the park at night, i sure kanna mosquitoes "kisses". So many of them  Cry And dry leaves lying all ard leh. Where's the cleaners???  Huh?

cleaners? i see more illegal car wash vendor then cleaners actually.. hahahaha...

Aiya... if the relevant authorities bother... they will give vector control training n awareness to the cleaners.... wtf.. u wan uncle auntie like us staying in hdb to do wat?? thats is only so much we can do... we cant be going into the longkang n bin centre n start to disinfect these premises right? smetimes i feel those flyers are only for show nia... if they bother...

GET THEIR FEET ON THE GROUNDS... see what can be done....

I mean look at our void deck.. putting those 'white clorox' and not washing them away after 2-4 weeks is not cleaning right? its PAINTING I CALL IT....

After fogging... the coackraoches are left all over the lift landings for more then 3 days.. dunno waiting for wat? waiting for them to decompose n these natural gases will ward off mosquitoes isit??

aiyo..... waste of resources... nobody bothers 'UP THERE'.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: