Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 04:14:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deeply dissapointed with HDB  (Read 3272 times)
rxhxn

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:30:52 AM »

I wonder whether HDB is in line with the Government policy of family members playing important role in supporting their elderly parents in their old age.

In view that my parents in-law are more than 60 years old, I had appealed to HDB to purchase a HDB flat in vicinity of my in-laws using 2nd time HDB loan. Due to the fact the flat is the same type as the one that I am staying, I was rejected and need to source around for bank loan in order to get the same type of flat or upgrade to a bigger flat in consideration to utilise the 2nd chance of HDB loan. After a few days I received the rejection letter, one of my in-law was retrenched from current job. I had appealed earlier in view that the same  type of flat still have the same maintenance charges in view of the need to support my elderly parents in their old age. I had experienced taking care of my old passed away parents and expected HDB to consder carefully their answers to this regard. It seems I was mistaken. I would not have appealed to HDB if I deem my situation is not justified.

Well then, I am still considering certain things...

Advertisement

punggolboy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »

HDB is like LTA, is profit driven.   

Talking to HDB and LTA and many other govt agencies is like talking to a cow.   They don't listen, don't want to see and even don't care.

We wish you all the best, all of us experienced this for so long and nothing we can do about it right now.

Join the suffering of many singaporean.....welcome to the club   Sad

Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 12:49:37 PM »

Try again when election is round the corner.

Chances should be higher during that time..
tom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »

I supposed HDB allow Singaporeans to upgrade or downgrade as regards purchasing HDB flats. ( two chances in all ).

We bought our first HDB flat probably at the time when we planned setting up a home.  As we progress, some may upgrade and use our second chance to purchase a bigger HDB flat.

Some may wait till retirement age, downgrade and buy a smaller flat, getting back some money for old age.

The upgrade or downgrade HDB's policy was probably as old as Singapore's birthday ( 44 years old ). It is high time HDB consider improving or updating outdated policies as Singapore progresses.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: