Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 06:31:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exercise Area for Elderlies  (Read 4056 times)
joclar

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2009, 01:38:10 AM »

Hi fellow residents,

My granny is coming to stay with me in Punggol, so my mum and me surveyed the area ard us for elderly facilities and found none..sadly.
Can we request to convert one of the 2 playgrounds at my block area to an elderly exercise area? I have seen those at other blocks in Punggol.
I live at Punggol Field Blk 203A.

An exercise area with guided rails for holding while walking and some easy to use leg exercise machines would be useful.
Can the RC do something please?

I must say this is a great forum for Punggolians.
I am also pleasantly surprised to find a Gardenia bread vending machine at the RC here, good job!

Cheers,
Jo

Advertisement

tom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »

Further to the above, probably to live a healthy life-style for the elderlys, walking around the playground is only a basic need.  thumbs up

Singapore's population is ageing. What was really necessary was an exercise / physiotherapy centre with the basic equipments for hand, leg, body and mind exercise.

Each morning besides elderlys who are doing some walking exercises, there are many on wheel-chairs cared for only by maids. What the maid lacks, besides pushing them around, are further education on feeding / meals and medication. Techniques in wheel chair transfers and the many aspects of caring for the old.

These facilities should be on the ground floor, run by health-care-assistants, a physiotherapist headed by a certified staff nurse. In this case, fragile residents, senior citizens and maids can gather for sharing knowledge, learn to care, simple nursing training, medical advice on how to care and look after the elderly etc.

Smiley This is something new ( unlike Day-Care Centres and Nursing Homes ) a project worth talking to the authorities, if there is a demand.  chitchat

tom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »

Nurses can also be on call duty, should a resident needs help or feeling inconvenient to come down to the Centre. Some bed-bound resident may need the assistance of nursing care at home for the following :

1. Bath, changing of diaphers, clothing and grooming.
2. Renewing feeding tubes.
3. Changing urinal bags.
4. Others.

If facilities of this nature are within our kampong, old and fragile residents may feel more comfortable and homely. chitchat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: