Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 25, 2024, 12:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had anyone tried the new city shopper bus 581 at Punggol?  (Read 6673 times)
agl

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »

Hi,

Anyone had tried the new city shopper bus no : 581 at Punggol Interchange?

If I am not wrong, the bus fare is $3.60 for each trip no matter where you board the bus. I saw the bus advertisement at the bus stop, it started from 15 December 2007 and the bus route that the bus covered is orchard road and suntec city.  The bus timing is from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm on weekdays and 10.00 am to 10.00 pm on weekends and public holidays with half an hour waiting time.

Any ideas whether if we used the E-Z Link card to pay for the bus fare is there any rebate given after you alighted or they will still deduct $3.60 in full no matter you alight at which bus stop?

Advertisement

Miracle

お宅

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:00:51 PM »

Yes, it's full $3.60 per trip.

My uncle tried it but he mentioned that he was caught in the traffic jam and it wasn't as fast as he expected. The journey home was much faster but the bus met with an accident. What a day for him sia.  Shocked

For me, I would just take the NEL and switch trains. It's way cheaper.

FamilyAlpha

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 02:37:47 AM »

I tried once from Orchard (Far East) to Punggol, its flat $3.60 fare for adults and $1.00 for kids ---- use the EZ-Link card.  Smooth and fast, about 30 mins journey.  However, the waiting time can be a "killer" - as the interval is between 30mins to 45 mins.  Convenient if you have lotsa shopping bags to carry and it's strictly no standing on board the bus.  Check out the sbs website for bus timing.
hokll

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 12:54:31 PM »

For those who have tried, any idea does the bus stop at/near Novena Square?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: