Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 12:17:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roomba Robot Vacuum Cleaner  (Read 80618 times)
xrevenue

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 05:53:00 AM »

I am thinking of getting a scooba too....

Just wondering if it works on marble flooring....
Anyone using it on marble?

Appreciate your reply...

hi bbkoala,

marble flooring is definitely ok for scooba if you use water or the clorox solution. however, do take note that you cannot use vinegar for marble or it will corrode the marble flooring.

Just collected my scooba....very excited but when I start charging, there's smoke from the charger!!!!
I used a dual converter travel set with a setting of max 1650 watts. Couldn't find a 100watts one so just bought this which is available at the store.
Is it OK to continue to charging with the smoke?
Any advice?

Of course not. Pls do not charge it any more. I'm not sure why the smoke is coming out but that is a very bad indication indeed. You should modify the charger instead so that it can take 220v.

Advertisement

hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:25 AM »

smoke in electrical appliance is often a prelude to fire so ya pull the plug of the charger please.

i think the wattage of the convertor is way too high for prolong usage. best to mod if you got soldering skills or get the correct transformer. we are having too many electrical fires in sg as it is.
bbkoala

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »

Thanks for all your advise....

Another question, can the charger still be used, or do I need to get a new one?
The charger still lights up (with the smoke) so it's not 'burnt'?
hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »

the only time a charger cant be used is when something inside has blown and no current gets through. if you have a proper transformer, plug it in and see if roomba charges. stick ard to observe for smoke or burnt smell abit while you're at it.

o ya i will suggest connecting it to the docking station to charge instead of direct in case worst case scenario happens. docking station is much cheaper to replace then an entire bot  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: