Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 18, 2024, 05:13:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roomba Robot Vacuum Cleaner  (Read 80987 times)
hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »

i had a smiliar charging problem when i 1st modded my scooba as can be seen with my earlier post to xrev. mine was worst coz it simply refuse to charge most of the time and when it does, it runs for an hr like yours. i then read in the oversea irobot forum sometimes totally discharging the bot and then resetting scooba by holding power button then press clean.

i then left the unit alone for more than a week before decided to try charging again. thereafter its been working like a charm

Hi xrevenue,

Thanks for your reply...

I have modified my Scooba 380 replacing the capacitor to a 450uF and removing the varistor (I acutally bought the varistor with a 05D. but the original varistor looks much bigger in size (i think is 10D) than what I have bought. So I just remove it without replacing.

My problem now is that after the 16hours charge, my scooba 380 only runs for 1 hour. My sis bought the same as mine, can run as long as 2 hours!  mad but she is using a AC AC converter.

My wife blames my mod for the short battery run time. Does anyone has the same problem? Is this problem due to the mod?

Any advise to solve this battery issue now?

Thanks.

Advertisement

thomas1319

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »

Hi Hansolo76,

What is your Scooba model?
How long does it run now? Can it finish 2 cycles?
Currently, do you charge more than 3 hours each time or you just let it charge as long as the battery is in the Scooba?
When you Reset, do you ON the power? Without the power ON, will it be useful to press the button?

Thanks.....

hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »

wow many questions hehe

i have the scooba 350. after my battery drain and reset exercise, charging was ok and battery life improved from half cycle to 1 to 1half to 2 and now is slightly more than 2.

i charge until the solid green light comes up then i power off and remove the battery from the bot.

i think i reset with everything off and battery drained. press and hold power then clean button. think need to hold for a few seconds.. been a long time since i done this so cant recall exactly. wat im sure is i found this idea from the roombareview forum

Hi Hansolo76,

What is your Scooba model?
How long does it run now? Can it finish 2 cycles?
Currently, do you charge more than 3 hours each time or you just let it charge as long as the battery is in the Scooba?
When you Reset, do you ON the power? Without the power ON, will it be useful to press the button?

Thanks.....

azt18

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 07:04:46 AM »

Dear all,

I have the following for sale :

1) Irobot Roomba 4162
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2040930

2) Roomba 500 series redesign brushes
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2022175

3) Roomba charger 110V/220V
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2021029