Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 23, 2024, 05:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roomba Robot Vacuum Cleaner  (Read 81082 times)
xrevenue

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 03:23:00 AM »

Hi All,

I hope someone here can help to clear my doubt. My Scooba 380 is coming from US next week and initially I decided to do a mod on the PSU. But then, I found this web which worries me a bit

http://mysite.verizon.net/gsplews/26DCpwrSup.htm

the way he wrote seems to suggest that modifying the Roomba might be fine but not for the Scooba. Anyone here has modified the Scooba PSU for a period of time and is still working fine?

I bought the components but now, I am not sure if I should buy the AC AC converter....  Sad

Can anyone give me your kind advise? Thanks a lot....

I have modified my scooba which I did not have any issues. I helped my friend modify another set and she's having no issues either. As long as you know what to modify, there should be no issues.

However, if you are not confident of playing around with the circuitry, the easier way (more exp) would be to buy a 220 to 110v convertor but please take note of the power settings.

Advertisement

thomas1319

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 04:12:24 AM »

Hi xrevenue,

Thanks for your reply...

I have modified my Scooba 380 replacing the capacitor to a 450uF and removing the varistor (I acutally bought the varistor with a 05D. but the original varistor looks much bigger in size (i think is 10D) than what I have bought. So I just remove it without replacing.

My problem now is that after the 16hours charge, my scooba 380 only runs for 1 hour. My sis bought the same as mine, can run as long as 2 hours!  mad but she is using a AC AC converter.

My wife blames my mod for the short battery run time. Does anyone has the same problem? Is this problem due to the mod?

Any advise to solve this battery issue now?

Thanks.
xrevenue

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 04:26:48 AM »

Hi xrevenue,

Thanks for your reply...

I have modified my Scooba 380 replacing the capacitor to a 450uF and removing the varistor (I acutally bought the varistor with a 05D. but the original varistor looks much bigger in size (i think is 10D) than what I have bought. So I just remove it without replacing.

My problem now is that after the 16hours charge, my scooba 380 only runs for 1 hour. My sis bought the same as mine, can run as long as 2 hours!  mad but she is using a AC AC converter.

My wife blames my mod for the short battery run time. Does anyone has the same problem? Is this problem due to the mod?

Any advise to solve this battery issue now?

Thanks.

Tough luck. I think it's a battery issue and not the charger issue. If you have registered for the warranty, you could ask for a replacement battery from iRobot. I had a new one sent to me by iRobot when I wrote to them.
thomas1319

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 04:56:21 AM »

Hi Xrevenue,

Thanks for your reply. I had sent you a PM to get advise from you on how to write to iRobot US?

Hope to hear from you soon..... Thanks in advance. Smiley

Cheers
Thomas
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: