Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 01:55:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a family - What to do/take note?  (Read 17485 times)
umera

Meowwwww.....

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:32:40 PM »

I am in 33 and expecting my first baby, is right to take folic acid before that. I started taking it 1 year ago and still taking it now. I would say is easier for me to get pregnant once mind is set and determine to have a new family memeber. No problem at this age having babies, alot of my friends who are above 35 are expecting too, so no worries at all.

Advertisement

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »

Dun worry. My grandma had my mom at 40. Who says old woman cannot give birth? Go for a prenatal checkup, both of u. Since age is catching up, i bet u all dun want to waste time trying in vain. My frd tried for 3 yrs and finally found tat her womb was "inverted". Went for a minor op by tat infamous Christopher from Gleneagles and got pregnant also immediately. Then she almost lose her Bb and got saved by him (Chris) again. Then the fees are super exp. Spent $20k.

Transferred to KKH. Bor pian. No more $$.
Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 01:37:27 AM »

I'm the super KS person when it comes to this. I did alot of reading up before i planned for my first baby. Here's my tips (alot of my frens said i super KS but i just 12 be sure that eth's ok):

For woman
- take at least a 400mg of folic acid 6 mths before planning (or u can just take a prenatal vitamins which u can get from GNC)
- take a prenatal test
- take the ribilla (cant recall how to spell) and chicken pox vaccine
- eat as healthy as u can (i avoided alcohol and caffeine totally 6 mths b4 planning and of course during pregnancy)
- take alot of fruits to build up your immunity

For man
- take a multivitamin every day (vit c esp will strengthen the sperm)
- clothings shldnt be tight (eg wearing a boxer instead of underwear)
- avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine
- stay healthy by exercising (but dont stay in the sun for too long as it kills the sperm)

Most important of all, the 2 of u shld try to stay stress-free during the period. And after making out, dont stand up immediately. Put a pillow below your bottom and keep your legs slightly up for a few mins so that the sperms can flow in faster.

You can read up this website:
http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/index

Hope this helps!
Sniper

Once A Sniper, Always A Sniper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 05:32:27 AM »

be happy during & after pregnancy, your baby sure very cheerful & smile alot. like my gal. only thing is beh tahan her scream!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: