Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 18, 2024, 10:15:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a family - What to do/take note?  (Read 17604 times)
???

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2007, 12:57:20 AM »

Hi All,

I am thinking of starting a family? Any advice on preparation or considerations? Any must-dos?

I am a bit half-hearted 'cos I am in my mid-thirties and aware that it may be difficult to conceive at this age. Don't want to start hoping and be disappointed in the end. Any one with same dilemma/experience?

Appreciate any sharing!

Advertisement

Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:13:49 AM »

Think u can start by taking folic acid supplements. Also, bird's nest or some nutritional soups is good for you. Build up your body.
Good also for hubby to begin exercising. Heard for him, cold showers are good (before the act) and get him to wear boxer shorts...

U can also read up... lots of books out there on conception and preparing for parenthood.

Mid 30s is fine. My sister gave birth to 1st kid at 35 and 2nd at 37. Both are healthy. Smiley

Hope this helps.
dolphin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:59:35 PM »

hi well i gave birth at mid-thirties now i have 2 beautiful girls, ... basically you and hubby must be ready to have kids, you need to be emotionally, phsically prepared, you need to also find out if your baby is out, are you getting maid or take care yourself or put at in-laws or out-laws plc? a lot of questions to think about and be mentally prepared, that's waht i did, try to find out more from friends from books websites etcc... ask yourself are you enjoying your couplehood now? is your hubby prepared also to chip in to help? most of my friends hubby chip in to help before during and after pregnancy to give support to their wives... of course my hubby also la  Tongue

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!
http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=babybeth
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:11:30 PM »

Agree with Tigger about taking folic acid supplement - can be bought easily from any Unity or Guardian, cheap too. It is a little harder on the mother when she is older but mid 30s no problem nowadays. Had my 3rd at 37 years old. Just a warning - when you are pregnant and the hospital (KK) recommend this blood test to predict the chances of getting abnormal child - don't read too much into that because it is just a calculation, based on your blood test and it is directly dependant on your age - so I can also predict: the older you are, the higher the chance, say 1 in 20000 but you will also be told that : we cannot gaurantee that yours will be the 1 or the 19999! I refused to take that test for my 2nd and 3rd child.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: