Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 18, 2024, 07:08:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: !st day in school  (Read 18972 times)
tubbykat

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 01:09:48 AM »

ya powerpuff is right, i am putting him there for full day as i don't have a maid or anyone else who can fetch him if i place him halfday (they only got AM halfday, PM halfday will be ideal for me). full day after subsidee is $740.

thanks alaska! you are right, money can earn back! i just want him to have a nice environment and be happy there.

Advertisement

H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 06:26:51 AM »

hi stacy, my son just turned 20months Smiley the reason why i send him to childcare is becoz i find he's taking too long to learn to talk, right now he only knows a few words like BALL, STAR, SHOES, BREAD, BISCUITS (he says scuits  smile) and a few other nonsensical words. so i heard that if you put him in daycare he will start talking faster when mixed with the other children. my son is a breastfed baby till now he still is (at night), so i think he is stronger than most other formula babies, he fell sick for the 1st time when he was 16months old. i am hoping he won't get sick so easily *fingers crossed*

H20seekers, your son seems to be having fun too!

My son almost 34 months now. Don't worry about the talking part, it will come naturally. My son didn't start expressing himself verbally until 26 months. Now he is able to communicate slightly better with no more than 5 syllabuses. And when they really start to talk, you would wish they didn't.
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 06:38:18 AM »

Hi Tubbykat,

How old is your boy? He looks tall and cute. Totally enjoying his 1st day.
I'm wondering if i shld send my boy to childcare soon. Actually what's the best age to send kids to childcare?
Does younger kids more prone to getting ill when they attend to childcare?

You could start with playschool first, where they would learn social skills like sharing and parallel play with other kids their age. My son attending a 2 hours, 5 day playgroup. You would be amazed the number of things they are able to learn there. One, is my son is now toilet trained by the school only after 3 months, where my wife and I were trying to train him for 1.2 years. Also he has picked up Mandarin from school as it is taught there. The lessons in his school are taught through play, so it is not so stressful for my son. They had a school outing to the Botanic Gardens awhile back without the parents and he had so much fun.

My son was attending Montessori intially, but the impression I got was the teachers will look at the clock quite often during the one hour session and every two weeks there will be a shiftn rotation. Kids feel more comfortable when there is a familar face. In this school, the two main English and Chinese teachers would be there for a whole year. And my son can tell the differences between left and right and the days (Monday, Tuesday, etc), all from only 1.5 terms spent in school. The toilet training was a bonus for us... Smiley

Cold and flu are unavoidable anywhere. Just beware of measles and HFM....  cheers
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:42:57 AM by H2OSeekers » Logged
tubbykat

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 07:18:09 AM »

wah h20, seems like a good school lei, which one is it care to share?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: