Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 20, 2024, 03:40:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary School in Punggol or Sengkang  (Read 48450 times)
Ice-cream

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2006, 06:54:35 AM »

which school are your kids in now? I thought all primary schools are about the same esp under moe... can't differentiate too much.

Yes, all the schools are under MOE. However, those schools don't produce same type of students. I also wonder why? Therefore, I think the school are not the same in terms the way they teach and the enviroment which they have.

I came from so call " branded" school, I know is not the same, cos when I reached JC my classmates talked about their Pri and Sec School time. I was shocked when they told me like gang fight or fight in school.... but it never happen in my school at all. The very first thing when we reached school was " have you done your homework? How to do...this sum...."

Maybe this could be the reason why most parent want their child to "make their way to branded school"

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2006, 08:15:10 AM »

See, that's why I say 'branded/elite' schools are different. If not why other people willing to fork out their savings, energy to invest on their children's education. They are willing to sponsor $50,000, willing to do volunteer work, willing to move house within 1km to the school.

I also agree that Rosyth, Raffles, Ai Tong schools do give different types of students compare to neighbourhood schools.

Ice Cream, may be you mixed with good group.

As for my family, no money to sponsor, no money to move to District 9,10,11, can only envy.
I just let my children do their best in the neighbourhood school to gain place into Elite sec school. To gain extra point, let them learn Fencing, Tennis and Golf.

Those 'branded/elite' schools no longer looking into badminton, swimming as sports. They are looking into Fencing, Tennis and Golf.

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2006, 09:27:52 AM »

Golf?

Since when students become business men? Million dollar business huh...
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2006, 09:43:06 AM »

I heard lah.....

But I think it is going to that direction lor...because these sports are very expensive. Again money matters.

But it is helpful to gain 1 point to enter to these sec schools.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: