Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 23, 2024, 07:05:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting domestic helper for first time. Pls advise.  (Read 30389 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2007, 09:53:14 AM »

Aisey, I don't think I'm a superwomen at all. My mum IL angrily said "I'm the one who work the hardest and even have to cook after I reaches home." Why? Cause for the first day when I start work, I carry my baby home, not using a baby pram, and hence not able to carry the tingkat tupperware home myself so asked my hubby go to babysitter's house to take, she not happyla, say her son so pitiful this that after work have to go there to pick up the tupperware.

HELLO!! I'm the one MOST pitiful, having to help settle his pitiful's son's credit cards debts, taking care of my baby and have to take care of my hubby, the "big kid" some more.  head banging head banging head banging

Please hor, even if she cooks, its those soup-based meal, nothing as fancy as mine, fried or cook vegetables, which requires more effort. Everything just throw into the water and boil can liao. Where got difficult? But since she doesn't like me to cook at home, I also don't want to mess up her kitchen, so can only eat outside 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.

As to why I don't ask them to send to my house is I worry it might get stolen, or someone having some funny idea of adding something into the dishes. You'll never know.

Haiz, just hope that I can settle down, then faster move out.

Err .. I also want to correct a thing. It takes me 1 hr 15 mins to settle everything that I've mentioned earlier, not 2 hrs hehe cos I include the time I spend with my "wawa" (that's what I called my baby, cos when baby cries, they goes "wa..wa .." so I thought this name should be nice, tho he hardly cries! Tongue

Normally, I slept at 10 pm, after being jobless for more than a year. Worry not being able to cope, tired, etc but miraculously, I am able to cope, human do have a strong adaptability.

Hehe start from this week, I slept at 11 pm!! Very tired indeed, cause my work requires me high energy plus walking around to settle staff's welfare matters.

Uknowho, try to settle everything yourself. Thankfully, I'm very independent and I know everything myself, from how to bath baby from day 1 until now (I've never bath a baby before!) to how to wash, cook etc. So, I got the "privilege" of not being demanded to do this or that or being disturbed by my mum IL to follow everything she says cause she'll tend to think that you know nothing.

Here, I hope to remind all parents to train your children to help out with chores. Serious. It's good for them, make them to be independent, don't wait until one day you're sick then only ask them to help you, some children doesn't even bother you even though they claimed they love you! Chores? They are simply lazy!

Take a look at my hubby and his sister (same age as me) and I truly shake head. Even want to eat the corn also ask mum to peel the skin and steam it for them.  Huh? Huh?

I scold my hubby upside down, now he's a bit bit more independent.

And also wash clothes. Now I think she realised that training children is good when she observed that I know everything. Now then ask her precious daughter to wash her office clothes herself. If not, everyday after work, she'll wash for her.  mad mad mad

Advertisement

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »

Yes Alaska, I start work since July 2nd. Can't wait to work, have to settle hubby's credit card debts since his army days, and when you are not working, no one respect you cos you are like living at this house FOC, and not contributing anything, plus using water, electric, gas ...

Very weird, selfish family indeed.

rusher

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2007, 04:23:12 PM »

Vivien, I really "kow tow" to u, u r  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

are u in the Rush!!!
crystal

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2007, 04:37:44 AM »

Is not easy to find a maid that u are comfortable with. Good luck.

It's not the maid but agent that I'm comfortable with. Almost everyone tells me that it depends on my luck to get a good maid. I do not want to depend on luck - no guarantee -that's why I look for a good and trustworthy agent.

She had only one transfer maid, wanted me to interview her but she was taken up just a day before I got to meet her - so sad. I told her I need one urgently but a new maid takes about 3 weeks to be at my place. Since her work at the new employer will only start in 2 weeks time, the agent let me have her for 2 wks while waiting for the new one to come. This maid came only yesterday and she has been working non-stop, without me asking. She takes a lot of initiative - clearing cupboards and shoe cabinets on her own. I had to ask her to stop and rest. Maybe, I'm a first time employer - not very used to being served and having someone in the house working non-stop. She learns fast too and remembers my instructions and preferences. It really helps to have an extra pair of hands - life is not so rush and hardly need to scold kids due to lack of time. So sad, it is only for 2 weeks. However, since I trust this agent and am comfortable with her style, the new maid hopefully will not be that bad. My sister-in-law came to visit and she served her drinks on her own!

sigh... should have gotten mine from yours... my agent sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: