Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 02:13:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Mummies to be here?!  (Read 17498 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »

1. someone told me if u don sign earlier tht u want to breastfeed the baby the first time , they put him on formula milk automaticaly , is it true

I didn't heard of this before. All I know is that once you deliver your baby, they will ask you whether you want to fully breastfeed/ let the nurse feed him with formula (I saw that there's not enough nurse to do the feeding and babies are left to cry in the nursery rm, not sure whether they are hungry/ simply throwing tantrums. So make sure that when your hubby/ relatives are around, ask the nurse to push the baby to you, and let them feed your baby. Normaly nurses will push babies to their mummies after the doctor inspect them around between 8-9 am+, then it is up to you whether to let baby by your side/ request for nurse to push baby back into the nursery rm. My baby was with me thruout the night until I can't sleep much. Not that he's being noisy, he's very good boy, just that with a baby around, chances of you sleeping peacefully is hard)

2. i think there is rule tht now baby is automaticaly insured unles u say no
Are you talking about once baby was born, you can opt to have him inject with the 1st dose of TB is it? You can chose to inject him at the hospital/ nearest polyclinic later.

3. i think there is another form to sign to donate chord blood
Yes. I was approach by the Singapore Cord Bank's staff, I sign on to donate it. However, you can chose to maintain it via private, which causes you thousand. Perhaps, you can ask your gynae. I'm sure he/ she has the information.

However, if you are stress/ baby may in danger during delivery, they will not bother about the cord anymore as priority goes to mother and baby first.

4. if u r driving is it must to have the infant seat to bring the baby home or can cary on ur lap

I don't have a car, I carry him myself. But if you had a c-section, best to let your hubby/ relatives carry for you so as not to aggravate the wound.

PPG, you must have endure a lot of pain. I hated when the doctor came to check too, especially if the doctor is a male! Thankfully, mine last for 4 hrs only. I was pushed to the delivery suite around 4 pm+, and I gave birth ard 8 pm+. Was pushed back to my delivery ward around 12 m/n as I have headache, vomitting and numbness on my legs so they want to observe 1st. I was surprised as many people told me that first delivery usually last for at least 1/2 a day, if not for 1-2 days.

Once after they gave me epidural, I feel so comfortable that I almost doze off to sleep when I suddenly feel like going to "pang sai!"  Tongue

The senior midwife asked me to push below like when you are having difficult bowel movements, not above as she can see my face turning very red. Then I told her I don't know how as I never have bowel movements problem as I take at least 4-6 kind of fruits daily.  Tongue she laughs, so was the medical student.

So my advise is still the same - eat lots of fruits (except pineaple) and walk daily.

Also, push when you are having contraction (pain), Don't anyhow push. Else you may end up having bigger hole to stitch. You won't like it if it spread over to your buttock's hole as well.

I was kind of worry as I was underweight (about 56 kg only, before I was pregnant, I was 39 kg), but my baby weight 2.75 kg, and 49 cm (which is quite "tall"). I guess those organic supplements help me a lot.

Remember to drink 1/2 a cup of green coconut water few weeks before your DDE. Only once okay? Else too cooling is not a good thing. Your baby will not have much dirty things sticking him, and it aids your delivery process. My keypo hubby heard it from his friend, and the senior midwide agrees with him too regarding this.

Another thing that I want to touch on is that if you were to have intimacy with your hubby, never release the sperm into your vagina. Otherwise, your baby's scalp will have those whitish dried thing - that is the dead sperm, and I used to see my aunt's baby having lots of it, and she uses the black hair pin to remove it.

BTW kool, do you want the organic supplements? I still have it, can't finish it, can't bear to continue (imagine taking tablets of spirulina, molasses, flax seed oil, etc) taking it or throw it. Very expensive stuff bought from my friend. 8 bottles altogether. I suspect it cost my friend at least S$500. If you want, I passed it to you.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:03:09 AM by Vivien Wong » Logged

Advertisement

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 12:36:08 AM »

"Another thing that I want to touch on is that if you were to have intimacy with your hubby, never release the sperm into your vagina. Otherwise, your baby's scalp will have those whitish dried thing - that is the dead sperm, and I used to see my aunt's baby having lots of it, and she uses the black hair pin to remove it."

The Bb is protect within the placenta. This is a myth.
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:04 AM »

"Another thing that I want to touch on is that if you were to have intimacy with your hubby, never release the sperm into your vagina. Otherwise, your baby's scalp will have those whitish dried thing - that is the dead sperm, and I used to see my aunt's baby having lots of it, and she uses the black hair pin to remove it."

The Bb is protect within the placenta. This is a myth.

Yes, baby is protected with placenta, but from those I see, it seems very "accurate." Otherwise, why would there any whitish stuff on the baby's scalp?

This is yet another thing my keypo hubby told me. I myself never heard of this before. He said a lot of people don't know about this (quote from his aunty friend). Huh?

colours

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 04:58:21 AM »

but from those I see, it seems very "accurate." Otherwise, why would there any whitish stuff on the baby's scalp?

This is yet another thing my keypo hubby told me. I myself never heard of this before. He said a lot of people don't know about this (quote from his aunty friend). Huh?

foetus is inside amnion. semen would not go through and stick to the baby's scalp.

when the amnion ruptures, that's when a woman's "waters break".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amniotic_sac
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray34.png

scaly whitish patches on the scalp is known as "cradle cap".

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babyills/babyrash/80.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_cap
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: