Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 24, 2024, 08:43:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Good doctor to recommend for elderly knee joints operation?  (Read 6578 times)
Jiean2004

You can pursue your dreams if you have the courage

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2007, 08:03:59 AM »

Firstly, my thread might not be relevant to this folder. However, considering this folder are associated with mostly 'mothers' related topic. As such, i posted here hoping that any of you could share your mum experiences in she ever suffered from knees joint problem that i judged to be very common in elderly ladies.Pardon  me ..... Smiley

Hi, my elderly mum(67) had  been suffering from right knee joints problem(Guan Jie Yan) for 2-3 years and she is stubborn not to have it operate rather than depend on medication.About a year back, she was examined by a doctor at TTSH and the doc had advised her to under go the knife but my mum refused.

However, lately her right knee condition had deteroited and she is having some hard times to walk after a prolong same positions(sitting,sleeping,standing...etc)

She has made up her mind to be re-examine again and she agrees to go for operation.

We could not find the TTSH doc details anymore. I would urge any kind souls here to give your recommendation for any good doctor who are in this field if your elderly parents have such experiences. Maybe if free, you can tell me after the operation, it would take how long for the patient to recover and start walking again. Cos i heard my mum(her auntie networks)said that it depend individuals, some might take longer than 6 mths to walk again after operation.

Vivien, if you are there. My auntie given us
Dr Wilson Wang
NUH,Ortho & Hand clinics
Appt tel: 67722002

If i am not mistaken,u are once a temp. at NUH, any ideas on the above mentioned doctor? Thank you....

Advertisement

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:58:50 AM »

Whatla you, I work perm there, and you should have called/ sms me to ask, rather than post it herela. I thought you want to ask forumners of any good knee joints doctor around Punggol, so decided to skip this thread.

However, I saw that your thread are posted in red and mark as "important topic" at this forum so decided to have a look again.

Dr Wilson har? I assisted him permanently, he okayla, very kiasu (he himself said so), sure ask you go this and that test before diagnosed you, to be safe.

But I highly recommend you Prof Kumar.

By the way, Wilson is Asst Prof, maybe now Prof liao. They are all at Clinic B NUH, but if you want to select them, then you have to pay private price, and they will direct you to Kent Ridge Wing private clinic.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:01:22 AM by Vivien Wong » Logged

Jiean2004

You can pursue your dreams if you have the courage

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:41:07 AM »

ok, thanks.
ya1012

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 11:19:56 PM »

My mother-in-law had similiar issue with your mum few years ago. And she also refused to go for surgery initially cos she was afraid she couldn't walk for months after surgery.  Apparently, the surgical technique has improved all these years, she finally went for this "minimally invasive surgery" at SGH. By the 3rd or 4th day, the physiotherapist had already asked her to come down for assisted walking. The 5th day, she was discharged. She's now a happy old lady who goes for her favourite cruise once every other week. Previously she couldn't walk too far cos the knee causes a lot of pain. Hope this sharing helps your mum to go for op.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: