Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 19, 2024, 05:44:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any feedback on RC enrichment program?  (Read 11852 times)
garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »

waving
Hi Pavilion8612,

My son is only K2 nx year. But I'm thinking of sending him for those prepatory classes by RC, hence, started this thread and hope to have some feedback from other parents who have had experience with them.

Which school is yr ds going to? For my boy, most likely I will try Mee Toh or Edgefield when the time for him to register comes.  smile

Advertisement

Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 03:58:32 AM »

Hi garfodi  waving

Oic, hope someone will reply to your queries soon.

Btw, my kid is going to Greendale.  I thought it would be nice for him to know someone going to the same school as he is  Wink
garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »

Don't seem to have any feedback on the RC enrichment program  Sad ....would appreciate if any residents could comment, be it good or bad.

Cheers to a better 2009!  cheers
garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »

Just want to share on my own experience on Abacus class offered by Zhengfei. Have decided to withdraw my kid from the course because I realised he is not progressing in terms of mental maths although he has been there for a year. Zhengfei teacher claimed that the children are taught mental maths too but maybe it's my own kid so I'm not sure about other children progress but recently when I brought him to CMA to check on their Abacus course, the course instructor assessed him and told me he has to start from basics! He even told me that the assessment shows that my kid did not learn anything at all in that 1 year. For eg., he can't even do simple sums like 1+5+6.

Regardless, as I mentioned, maybe it's my own kid whose progress is much slower than others but I hoped that other parents whose children are in the Zhengfei course to test their children and see if they can calculate mentally in different order for eg., 1+8 then 1+6+3 then 2+5+4+3 etc and see for themselves if indeed they could give the answer almost immediately.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: