Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 19, 2024, 11:03:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advise about Rivervale / Compassvale /North Spring Pri Sch  (Read 4221 times)
jcg

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2008, 04:51:49 AM »

Hi, I am new here.
Can anyone advise me on these schools?
my gal is gg to register next yr, would like to know more abt this sch bebore I decided which one to go for.
Thanks

Advertisement

babyluna

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:59:17 AM »

Hi,
I heard that Rivervale Pri School is quite famous. I have no experience but heard from my colleague. Her girl just registered this year. Though they are staying not far from the school, my colleague still went to do 'voluntary work', she started 1 year before the registration.

Really feel the pressure in local education. Parents are so pressurised by their children's enrollment into school, examination, etc...

Sorry, can just share what I heard, it will be good to hear from the parents who have kids in those schools  winked
hokll

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »

Hi,

I think Rivervale and Compassvale are both very popular schools in Sengkang.

If you are you looking for academic excellence  comparisons.....
In Singapore, MOE doesn't rank primary schools academically.  However, MOE has some kind of honorary mention of a school with well performing PSLE students for a particular year with certain score. If I am not wrong, I think  Compassvale had been mentioned once or twice already.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:30:16 AM »

In the past, Compassvale doesn't require balloting at all. Last year, Phase 2C Supp was balloting.

Only this year P1 registration, this school started to ballot even at phase 2C. This is because the school has reduced their enrollment so as to give some chance for the new primary school in Sengkang to increase the number of students.

As for Rivervale, for the past 6-7 years, all along balloting in phase 2C.

As for North Spring, although the school set up earlier than Rivervale, if I'm not wrong, the enrollment is not as strong as Rivervale.

Some parents choose schools based on religions and races. That's the reason why Rivervale has stronger enrollment compared to the other two schools.

The same philosophy, why Mee Toh is the first choice for most parents compare to Edgefield.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: