Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 18, 2024, 04:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 year old and not sleeping through night  (Read 4794 times)
yellowbeetle

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »

Hi any one got advise on how to train my 13 month old boy to sleep through the night? I have read about setting up routines and controlled crying. Think the routine is there but my son wakes up not just once but a few times a night. Cry And how i stop him from crying, offer him breastmilk. I know he is waking up for comfort feed and i am 'rewarding' him for waking up. But i just cannot stand him crying so loudly and pitifully and so i cannot bring myself to do controlled crying. He naps twice a day, for about average 1.5 to 2 hours each nap. His bedtime is about 9 plus or 10pm. Other than my breastmilk, he is taking 2 meals of porridge each day. Please advice. Thank you.   

Advertisement

hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:38:53 PM »

I am not sure if napping twice a day is too much?? My daughter only naps once a day for about 2hrs. She is 18mths now but she only naps once a day since she was less than a yr old. She goes to bed around 7plus or 8 and wakes up 7plus in the morning.

Before, She  kept waking up in the middle of the nite and kept wanting to play(she used to be in the same room as us). She wouldn't settle even after taking her milk. We decided to put her in a seperate room wif the sae routine and it works. of course initially she cried but we just check on her every so often and very soon she settled down. Now, me and my hubby get to sleep better.

i know its difficult to ignore their cries unless we are deaf, but wif a little bit of self control, we can all sleep better. trust me, nowadays, kids are much brighter than us and will play us !!
yellowbeetle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:45:41 PM »

Thanks for the sharing Hurricane. I guess it is high time i train him to sleep through the night. And yes more self control like you say.
Della

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 12:17:41 AM »

Hi yellowbeetle my son is 2yrs old nex mth liao..he had problems like that oso b4..
what u need to do is b4 he sleep u give him a good clean...wipe him with warm water and make sure ur room is cool and comfortable.
Take Care.. Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: