Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 19, 2024, 08:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Net for New HDB flats  (Read 9145 times)
satan_gal

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »

Hi Guys, just in case you are living in New HDB flats, and Open Net is due for installation, please check the below.

1. Check the SCV box - do you have a roll of sting inside?

If yes, go to your Telcom Riser outside, and check if there is the other end of the string inside - there should be 1 for each unit

It might have been covered up, get a screwdriver and unscrew the cover at the top, you should see this

**Note: pic was taken upwards, so ya.. somewhat ceiling**

If you have the above, please DO NOT let the goddamn Open Net contractor drill through your doorway and install godawful trunking.

I've just had mine done, and I'm now raising hell with HDB & Open Net - Via the MP, no less.

Outside of the door

Between the gate and wooden door

Not forgetting that the ugly trunking has been run all over the corridor for the whole level.

The contractor SHOULD HAVE pulled the cable in using the string, so that minimum drilling is needed.

The contractor tat did mine INSISTED that the string doesn't lead outside, and it was till they've left that a neighbour from opposite block (Same HDB Project) popped by for a visit, and showed me where the cable should have been pulled in from.

He didn't know about the string till his Open Net installation, when the contractor used it.

I got a shock, and checked with alot of other neighbours, most of my block resident and realised that many of us were made to have the hole drilled.

Some were charged between $80-$200 to have the contractor drill 2 holes in their false ceiling to run the cable through - without patching back.

$80 was a "discount" after negotiation with the contractor, and you would have guessed right - no receipt was issued.

Do be very very mindful when planning your Reno. Open Net is pushing all responsibility to the contractors, and there different contractors are used for the same project, thus different standards.

I'm in the midst of warning my estate neighbours now, and on 2nd thoughts, it might be happening elsewhere too.

If the string jammed etc, you can call Town Council or HDB to fix it.

Dun compromise with having unnecessary drilling done. HDB/TC will not assist should cracks occur in time to come from the drilling.

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: