Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 12:59:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ang Mo Supermarket  (Read 20332 times)
leemay

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »

hi, recently when u visit angmo supermarket, do u find that most of the aunty cashiers r very rude? still remember when it just opened, they greet u whenever u make payment, but now, they simply gave u a 'black face' n sometimes even shouted at u esp. d cashier next to d weighing counter, agree? :p

Advertisement

ppkel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:25:05 AM »

I fully agree ! No more greeting and smiling faces. Furthermore they are so stingy with the plastic bags. I bought a big tin of milk powder and they put into a small plastic bag and when i ask for a bigger bag they do it unwillingly. When I shop around those packers gave an irritating look as though we are blocking their way. Their business may be good at the moment but wait till Sheng Siong open then they will lose most of their customers.
Ellphie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:23:32 PM »

Yes, I totally agree as I have been going there for marketing quite a while and seem like the service standard has dropped. The cashiers and weighing counter aunties are unfriendly and rude!  I have ever encountered with a rude packer who threw down a carton of satchet coffee right infront of me and still has the cheek to tell me off.... mad...that if I knew he busy packing why am I in the alley.....it is a Chinese national packer and I remember him just that felt it worthless to complain to his superior!

Wait till Sheng Siong opens and see how their business will be affected.....
tom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »

The problem here is probably the boss is not around in the shop. What he did was to set up the shop, employ some workers, cashiers, packers, whatever and start the business going.  Huh?

He might just pop in once in a while. Towards end of every month, he adds up total sales vs expenses and as long as he makes a profit and it keeps on improving, he might thought everything is OK. cheers

At the moment there are not much competition, so he's quite satisfied presumbly.

When competition comes, monthly collection dips, he wakes up, trying to fine tune, it may be too late. China man's business lah, thats why, provision shops are slowly doing a dying trade.  Roll Eyes

Provision shops in the older estate around Singapore such as Queenstown, Bedok, Tiong Bahru to name a few are bought over by HDB, torn down for some other purposes.  winked

Maybe what Punggol North need is a bigger shopping complex like Compass Point , Jurong Point or some other similar shopping centres of scale. Surely not a small shop here and there with totally no management skills.

Lets wait and see lah.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: