Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 04:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident across Punggol Plaza  (Read 91394 times)
kartz4u

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »

Very sad.  I did hear about this yesterday evening and just couldn't able to feel normal for a long time after that.  I can see this got listed in channelnewsasia.  Anybody know how this happened?  Is it due to the pedestrian taking the shortcut to the otherside?

Advertisement

esunny

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »

It's indeed very sad to witness such an accident. As such i have written to the Pasir Ris Punggol town council and urge them to take some actions e.g. setting up a barrier/fence across both sides of the road to prevent such accident from happening again.

Seriously i don't think we need another incident before something can be done about it.  

anyone who may know of an even direct way to feedback this concern to the relevant authority pls feel free to do so by taking this thread or message forward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to a fatal accident involving a 5yr girl on 1st Dec 09' at 8:35pm along edgefield plains opp 126A. I would like to urge the authorities to look into this matter seriously as this fatal accident resulted in an innocent life lost and grief for the family.

Basically, the open area (without fence) across both sides of the roads has always been a temptation for most, young & old, to cross over to get to either sides of the road. Without a physical barrier, Folks just like to take the easier & faster way to get across. I have seen young children dashing across and vehicles perpetually slowing down suddenly for pedestrain to 'jay crossing'. Frankly speaking though there is an overhead bridge approx 20-30m away from busstop, nothing beats just walking across for convienient sake. I don't understand why there are even tiles lay down on the central divider that even entice people to walk across though they are suppose to use the overhead LRT bridge. Overshadowing trees that reduce the visibility of these pedestrain crossing at night is another big problem.

Since Yr 06, there had been a total of 5 accidents that happened across this area & punggol plaza.
4 Nov 06: Accident; pedestrian hit
15 Sep 07: MPV overturn after collision
22 Mar 08: punggol's car hit by car filtering out from Punggol Plaza
14 Mar 09: Car hit by Punggol Plaza bus turning out from Punggol Plaza
1 Dec 09: 5-year-old girl killed in car accident at Punggol

It is extremely unsafe and till a physical barrier is setup to deter people from walking/dashing across, many will continue to take chance and assume that such accident will not happen to them.

As a resident, i really hope that the lost of this little girl's life will help to put up a strong justification for the authority to erect a barrier across the roads there. I do not wish to see this fatal accident to become part of national's statistic.

One fatal accident that claimed an innocent live is just too many. I seek your consideration in this matter to do something about it. If the area across Primemart supermarket & kopitiam can have physical barrier across both sides of the road, i do not see the reason why a high traffic & conjested area esp along PG plaza can't have similar deterent setup.

sincerely
kartz4u

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »

esunny, appreciate what you have initiated. 

Moderator, 5 year old getting killed in some sort of accident like this one is something we cannot digest at all.  Can you please bump this up to ensure everybody in the forum can see and respond...we need to get this feedback urgently.
Ouija

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 12:03:24 AM »

esunny, appreciate what you have initiated. 

Moderator, 5 year old getting killed in some sort of accident like this one is something we cannot digest at all.  Can you please bump this up to ensure everybody in the forum can see and respond...we need to get this feedback urgently.

Meet the People Session.?

penny_low@prpg-grc.sg

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: