Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 29, 2024, 09:17:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stricter registration?  (Read 5691 times)
wkwp

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »

recently noticed alot of 'new' member who register to just post one wierd or unrelated urls/links topic... hmm

maybe registration could be activated/approved by admin/mods? then can cut down on such cases...

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »

ya lor.....very funny funny thread.

One moment selling insurance alamak another link leads to funny funny medications.
Another one posted 4 links of obscene thread.

This guy seems active at 4:00am, I think it is the same person. Can check their IP address and warn them right?
Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »

I think such thing are unavoidable, and i would not suggest for a stricter registration as of now lor as i believe it may put off some people from joining in. Thus removing and banned them as they comes.

However i would suggest to have a "Inform Mods" button. This button will let the members to trigger the mods when they see any unsuitable threads or threads that needs the mods assistance. For this will speed up the reaction time to get the thread removed or assistance. The mods will also have a easlier task of maintaining the forum.  winked winked winked
wkwp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:37:02 PM »

actually, i meant registration is only for posting, reading should still be open to all.... heee

but urs is good idea also...  hehe
if possible, can outsource/assign some of the more regulars as 'neighbourhood police/mods' and give them some authority to remove/ban such threads/users...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: