Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 06:05:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RFC: Ignore button for this forum  (Read 7206 times)
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 04:30:11 AM »

Limweech, actually, believe majority of us want to see a friendly, community-loving type of communication btwn forummers. But if there are forummers sending insinuating/insulting remarks, then even with ignore/unignore buttons won't help.

divorce rates are what? around 1/3? if 2 people who signed a contract or vowed to stay together have problems staying friendly and loving, we cannot expect a large community to have loving type of communication. there will be conflict, there will be insulting remarks. it might even be a necessity if we want to grow, whether mentally or spiritually.

people on the receiving end of the complaints in this forum, eg. the MP, is unlikely to think the communication coming out of this forum is friendly and community-loving. would it be hypocritical to have loud complaints here about other people, and when Stallion complains loudly, we silence him? do we deserve then to be silenced in turn?

what i can do for now is to provide ignore buttons.

i hope you will expand on what you mean by friendly, community-loving type of communication. it takes years for us to learn a language, just to communicate, then find that even when words have precise definitions in dictionaries, it is inadequate to understand another person, due to each person interpreting things differently.

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 04:38:12 AM »

May i know what is the purpose of such feature?

for each person to be the moderator of their own minds, to have control over what they are willing to tolerate.

in other words, i do not want that responsibility. if it is possible for each person to have more control, i would like to do that.
nor

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 12:36:07 AM »

Limweech, actually, believe majority of us want to see a friendly, community-loving type of communication btwn forummers. But if there are forummers sending insinuating/insulting remarks, then even with ignore/unignore buttons won't help.

divorce rates are what? around 1/3? if 2 people who signed a contract or vowed to stay together have problems staying friendly and loving, we cannot expect a large community to have loving type of communication. there will be conflict, there will be insulting remarks. it might even be a necessity if we want to grow, whether mentally or spiritually.

people on the receiving end of the complaints in this forum, eg. the MP, is unlikely to think the communication coming out of this forum is friendly and community-loving. would it be hypocritical to have loud complaints here about other people, and when Stallion complains loudly, we silence him? do we deserve then to be silenced in turn?

what i can do for now is to provide ignore buttons.

i hope you will expand on what you mean by friendly, community-loving type of communication. it takes years for us to learn a language, just to communicate, then find that even when words have precise definitions in dictionaries, it is inadequate to understand another person, due to each person interpreting things differently.

I understand what you mean. Sometimes people act that way for a reasons. some for attentions etc... I think the ignore button is great for people who choose to ingnore then to insult or to start a useless arguments. Life's like that, you've done a good job so far. Ignore them...if they are too much!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: