Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 08:04:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: get more people in  (Read 32744 times)
Angel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2006, 12:08:29 PM »

why not join in one of the meet up and u will find out urself Wink
how interesting it is ........

there is too much "join in one of the meet up and u will find out urself" type of postings.

it is okay to organise and announce meetups and events, but no direct invites to individual members pls.

i'm going to put this up as the top rule for this forum, with expiry date of 30th Nov 2006

1. respect the personal space, and privacy of all forummers.

examples: no direct invites for meetups and events

this rule will be removed by default on 30th Nov 2006, for review.
clapping I for one is one who likes to remain anonymous  Tongue

Advertisement

fairy

Live for the moment...

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 05:10:29 AM »

Im too shy.. so did not join in your kopitiam sessions... hehe

....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....      The best step is forward.
...............(_/.......
... I WAS ............
.......... HERE ......
ultramanz

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2006, 11:51:52 PM »

Im too shy.. so did not join in your kopitiam sessions... hehe

i think the beauty of the forum is tat as a platform for interaction, it can cater to all groups of pple.. u can organise activities to find pple with similar interest or simply sit back, join in a discussion and have 'virtual kopi' without the need to meet face to face..

no restrictions, freedom of speech, and respect to fellow forummer should set the foundation to a vibrant community forum... tats my believe so lets hope this will turn out to be the BEST community forum yet...  cheers
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 12:52:44 AM »

ok.  this is just my own personal feeling.  no hard feelings to anyone.

the reason why we join a punggolians forum, isn't it because we want to get to know our neighbours better?  If everyone shys away from meeting up in person, very soon there will come a day when we will all hide behind the computer and just use instant messaging, email and forum.  i think that's a very sad thing.  is this what we are trying to teach our future generation?  if i have my own kids.. this isn't what i want them to do.  to hide themselves in a shell, in their own worlds.  i often go travelling alone, and i meet friends from all over the world, many of which i knew through the net, we never met each other before. if they fall down somewhere, they have to climb up by themselves and walk again. 

i have to admit, i gained alot.  i may have spent quite alot, but what i gained in their friendships is something no amount of $ can buy.  i just came back from San francisco in April, went there to visit 4 of my friends there.  but during the day, they are all busy working, so i went travelling on my own.  i met a kind guy when i was taking the Bart Trains.  we talked for a while and he knew it was my first time there.  later he brought me to visit the many places which i wouldn't have went by myself (because he was a student, was free in the mornings and some days) and brought me to different restaurants.  i had alot of fun.  he told me, Singapore has now become one of the countries in his list to visit.  i would be his guide the next time.

end of the day, do we want punggol to be a friendly neighbourhood where we know one another, or do we want this to be a hostile neighbourhood where everybody, don't even wish to say hi to one another, just walking past when we meet?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: