Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 06:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lasik Surgery  (Read 29843 times)
yang

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:43 AM »

i will do mine at Lasik Surgery Clinic at paragon on this mon.
to my surprise saw many men doing lasik there. i paid abt $2300 before GST.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »

yes, my colleagues did at Paragon with that price range too.
byjprince

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 03:04:40 AM »

I did my lasik in late June this year at Parkway Eye Centre @ Gleneagles Hospital.  My surgeon is Dr Lee Hung Ming, formerly Head of Lasik at TTSH.  Although he is now in pte hosp, he is still charging at his TTSH rate (snr consultant rate).

Pre Op Test & Consultation: $199.90

Surgical Fee (per eye before GST)
- Standard Lasik (Microkeratome) - $1514.29
- Customised (Microkeratome) - $1695.24
- Standard Lasik (Intralase) - $1990.48
- Customised (Intralase) - $2171.43

** Intralase is a bladeless surgery.  Only 3 eye centres in Singapore is using this technology - TTSH, Dr Jerry Tan's clinic and parkway eye centre.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:06:22 AM by byjprince » Logged

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »

My company's GM did his last week, around S$4k++ for both eyes (200+ degree for each eye). No mc as private company's mc is not being recognised. The cost varies, depending on your eyes degree.

Try to check with government hospital which perform this. My colleague told me that her sister did it under government, and she only have to pay S$500 in cash few years back. The rest can use medisave. I'm still trying to ask more from her. She'll check with her sister and then let me know.

His experience? He said very fast. Total surgery takes 8-16 mins. Feels normal after taking a nap at home. However, have to apply the eye drop the doctor gave him every 2 hour, otherwise infection will happened. Though the degree is gone, but he still has blur viewing on right eye, with 50 degree left.

He said that within a year, anything happens to your eyes, it'll be free. After that, you have to pay for it.

Can't remember where he did it, but according to him, the doctor VERY professional, treat him as if nothing, very business-like. Haha He was expecting more assurance from the doctor, and some "sympathy" like showing him where is the door and ask him to sit down in a nice tone (as if he's blind! Tongue). But instead, the doctor said something like "You go sit there" and not "Please have a seat, the chair is there."

He can totally see things after that, but when he approached the hospital/ clinic earlier, he saw a couple, with eyes narrowing as if their eyes are just being operated and having difficulty to see things. He told me that it's all in your mindset. Don't have to be scared or anything.

However, I still feel that he's more handsome and look more gentleman with spec!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: