Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 05:37:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Some LASIK Surgeons did not tell you?  (Read 2040 times)
Wise Hamster

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2010, 01:52:54 AM »

To the best of the writer’s knowledge, the article below is what he learned during his research on LASIK. The writer do not have any malicious or bad intention to anyone or surgeon. This is just the writer’s opinion only and the writer is not responsible to anyone who acted based on this article. Thank you.

What some LASIK surgeons did not tell you?

LASIK is a temporary correction of eye power by cutting off some cornea tissue thickness. This irreversible procedure produces some undesirable and permanent side effects:

1) You still need to wear glasses/contact lenses after LASIK when your eye power increase!
2) You cannot accidentally rub your eyes hard! The corneas flaps may lift out!
3) LASIK corneas are more septical to complicated eye infection - blindness in serious cases.
4) Minute particles stuck inside corneas flaps require surgery, usually with infection.
5) Mono vision: only one eye sees clearly! Eye strain easily when reading documents or computer work!
6) Mono vision reduces your depth/distance perspective! You cannot judge distance accurately.
7) Dryness & uncomfortable -rubbing eyes frequently.

Best candidates for LASIK? Age 60 and older when most people have glaucoma and their eyes power stabilizes. Replace the glaucoma lenses with powered lenses - hit two birds with one stone!

Questions for surgeon:
1) Do I still need to wear glasses/contact lenses after 3-5 years when my eyes power increases?
2) What if I involuntarily rub my eyes hard when my eyes are very itchy?
3) What if sand gets into my eyes and I rub them accidentally?
3) If I had eye infection, do I need to see eye surgeon every time or can I just buy medicine off the selves? [If your eyes get seriously infected, you may loose your eyesight! Expensive to see eye surgeon every time]
4) Why do astronauts need LASIK? Astronauts stay in space for short periods only.

Use nice spectacles or contact lenses. Have LASIK when you reach 60 years. Your choice: short-term beauty and convenience or good vision.

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: