Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 20, 2024, 05:12:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 131   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what next in the line that going to increase?? GST?  (Read 153158 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 05:28:49 PM »

[/quote]

I have a gut feel that our GSt might come up...sooner or later....
[/quote]

It is really happened. 100% prediction.

Advertisement

edhan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 07:24:12 PM »

I don't think it is a prediction any more.
It been quite standard all the while.

Before election
- Give out all funny shares
- Special CPF bonous etc....

After Election
1. Increase Bus fare
2. Increase GST
3. Increase ERP
4. Increase medical
5. Some funny HDB rules to tie you down further more

By then time for another election.....   clapping clapping
Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 09:51:17 PM »

Singapore Post revises postage rates
By S Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 17 November 2006 1936 hrs

SINGAPORE : Postage rates for domestic mail and international airmail services will be revised from December 18.

Singapore Post on Friday said postage rates would be increased to 25 cents, from the current 23 cents, for domestic mail weighing 20 grammes or less.

International airmail postage rates will go up by between 5 and 40 cents.

Postage fees for registered mail will see an increase of 20 cents, from S$2 to S$2.20.

Singapore Post said local stamp rates were last revised 11 years ago, while international postage rates were last revised six years ago. - CNA/ms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shitty Times really can report news without shames....I remember the rate increase from 20 cents to 22 cents to 23 cents in less the 11 years...Good Work Shitty Times..

singaporedad

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 07:58:46 AM »

Sorry to disappoint all you guys but 7% GST is not the end yet... Rumour has it that Singapore GST will be 10% on or after 2010.   oops
Why? most countries now have GST or VAT at 10% or more. China GST is now 17%. Believe it or not, the income tax system is only taxing the middle income in Singapore.The rich and poor do not get the appropriate income tax. The GST is a consumption tax and and therefore it is a more equitable tax model.. ( No I am not a govt stooge..but I did graduate from NUS Accountancy)   so the good news is that the rich as taxed more proportionately as do the poor ( unfortunately) but the really bad news is that the middle income earners ( most Punggol21 residents fall in this category) will end up paying more tax still.

The only question I have is what will the next reason be for the GST increase from 7% to 10%?

Read voraciously to expand your mental horizon..
Travel widely expands your horizon exponentially!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 131   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: