Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 20, 2024, 04:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Desmond Choo, PAP candidate for Hougang by-election  (Read 58981 times)
limweech

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »

Rachel Chang, from Straits Times, reported on the by-election in Hougang, in an article titled "PAP's Choo says he can be voice of younger voters in Hougang"
http://www.straitstimes.com/The-Big-Story/The-Big-Story-2/Story/STIStory_800355.html dated May 18, 2012

'They are asking me, when will the day happen that I don't get caught in the rain when I go to the bus stop?' I want to make sure those basic things are taken care of.'

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:46:58 AM »

Screen shot from Tan Chuan-Jin facebook. Tan Chuan-Jin is the Minister of State, Ministry of National Development (MND)

HDB is a statutory board under MND.

http://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/281372158625260

* tanchuanjin-desmondchoo.jpg (51.08 KB, 549x319 - viewed 651 times.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:34:49 AM by limweech » Logged
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 06:22:52 AM »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:31:17 PM by limweech » Logged
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »

1997 article

NO HOLDS BARRED
After a hard-fought win at the polls, Goh plans for the next century
By Sangwon Suh and
Santha Oorjitham / Singapore

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/97/0117/cs1.html

A primary issue in the campaign -- and one which the PAP wielded effectively -- was the upgrading of government flats, a program started in 1989 to bridge the gap between old and new apartments. The PAP sent forth a clear message: wards that did not vote for its candidates would be placed last in line for the upgrading program. Said Goh to those who might have been leaning toward the opposition: "In 20, 30 years' time, the whole of Singapore will be bustling away, and your estate, through your own choice, will be left behind. They become slums."

The opposition (and the U.S. government) charged that it was tantamount to intimidation. Goh countered that it was fair play: if you want to be first in line for the PAP 's programs, vote for PAP candidates. The issue hit home in more ways than one: 86% of Singaporeans live in government-built flats.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: