Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 08:12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: caregiver issues  (Read 6428 times)
koko51sg

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:05:57 PM »

That's true....i think they need to relook at the household income level.  Those sandwiched in the middle are really struggling trying to cope with the rising costs and yet not qualified as low income earners..

Advertisement

koko51sg

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 02:10:27 PM »

ok maybe my first info was alittle vague......  Roll Eyes

when your loved one was discharged from hospital and its time for you to take care of him /her at home, do you find it overwhelming and that there was not much information or non at all given on how to go about managing the role of a caregiver and understanding the ill? was there a feeling of helplessness as a caregiver and how did you find your way through?

If its terminal illnesses, the doctors does refer them to Hospice whereby they will send a nurse to your home to help you understand the situation and check on the patient.  They will also advice you and answer your queries.  There is also a helpline to call in.  Can't remembered if the nurse comes once a week or fortnightly.  My MIL was terminally ill and suddenly I had to be the caregiver.  But thankfully the hospice nurse came and provide emotional support and advice on how to care for my MIL.  They were a great source of support at that time.
nat.mum

In Tune Massage Therapy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 09:30:20 PM »

If its terminal illnesses, the doctors does refer them to Hospice whereby they will send a nurse to your home to help you understand the situation and check on the patient.  They will also advice you and answer your queries.  There is also a helpline to call in.  Can't remembered if the nurse comes once a week or fortnightly.  My MIL was terminally ill and suddenly I had to be the caregiver.  But thankfully the hospice nurse came and provide emotional support and advice on how to care for my MIL.  They were a great source of support at that time.
[/quote]

im glad you had the support you needed koko51sg.im just wondering how many of us are fortunate as you are.

about the social worker support i agree with kitty. thats is truly the reality now. furthermore the social workers themselves are really tight with their workload at the same time.

another question, did the nurses in the ward level really help you much upon discharge on education and the  kind of care that is to be  given to the patient by the caregiver at home? not necesaarily terminally ill. could be a long term illness, say stroke maybe?

senses, the keys to healing from within.
koko51sg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 03:24:01 PM »

I guess ownership still lies with us to find out, read and trial and error.  But there are free talks, forums available all the time in the papers on certain illness.  Guess got to look out for it.  I find these forums rather useful as I've attended quite a few.  Usually the fees charged are minimal like $5-10. Some are even free, too.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: