Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 19, 2024, 02:45:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: caregiver issues  (Read 6467 times)
nat.mum

In Tune Massage Therapy

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2006, 12:44:57 PM »

Hi everyone,

id like to hear your views about issues of caregiving that you think that are often unaddressed, something you think that you wish you are not caught up with, or maybe a service that should be available to assist you in efficiency of caregiving?

im referring specifically for issues as a caregiver having to look after your loved ones who is discharged from hospital and diagnosed with major illness.

you are welcome to share your experience and/or contribute ideas/suggestions.. smile

senses, the keys to healing from within.

Advertisement

nat.mum

In Tune Massage Therapy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 11:19:48 AM »

ok maybe my first info was alittle vague......  Roll Eyes

when your loved one was discharged from hospital and its time for you to take care of him /her at home, do you find it overwhelming and that there was not much information or non at all given on how to go about managing the role of a caregiver and understanding the ill? was there a feeling of helplessness as a caregiver and how did you find your way through?

senses, the keys to healing from within.
tom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 04:29:11 AM »

when your loved one was discharged from hospital and its time for you to take care of him /her at home, do you find it overwhelming and that there was not much information or non at all given on how to go about managing the role of a caregiver and understanding the ill? was there a feeling of helplessness as a caregiver and how did you find your way through?

Hi nat.mum....I understand that in all hospitals in Singapore, there is a department call " social worker office ".
Their job is to assist discharge patient's family to look after and attend to the patients medical and financial needs.They can even made arrangements should the patient needs further treatment , eg...temporary stay in community hospitals for pysiotherapy. If the patient was  already discharged from hospital, the family can still call " Social worker family services. The head office of Family Services will then re-direct the patient to the area office for assistance.
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 09:35:41 AM »

Hi nat.mum....I understand that in all hospitals in Singapore, there is a department call " social worker office ".
Their job is to assist discharge patient's family to look after and attend to the patients medical and financial needs.They can even made arrangements should the patient needs further treatment , eg...temporary stay in community hospitals for pysiotherapy. If the patient was  already discharged from hospital, the family can still call " Social worker family services. The head office of Family Services will then re-direct the patient to the area office for assistance.

[/quote]

SOCIAL WORKER Dept! Dun be surprised tat you wont hear from them becos your salary does not fall in the category of the ones that need social help. Let me give you a scenerio:

An old parent fell from the stairs and injured his/her spine, need to do an operation, need to do therapy after tat etc. He/SHe has 2 children who are earn approximately 2k each and they already ve their own family to feed. Then the old parent has no income sources except the children. Assuming he/she is staying in ward C and the ops fee is already subsidised and he/she also pays the therapy fee a subsidised rate but needs help from the social dept to reduce the cost further, he/she wont get it.

Becos, he/she has two children earning 2k each. So they will not get anymore subsidises. What I am trying to say here is, SOCIAL DEPT helps pple with lower income to cope with their problems. But, pple with low income muz be really very very very low. Pple who are in the middle class, forget abt SOCIAL DEPT. They are not bothered with you. And when I talks abt middle class, it abt 1.5k and above I think (cant confirm). What do you abt feeding the family with $1.5k per month???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: